Transmission for my '42 Dodge WC "Job Rated" Pickup

I have been wondering if I have the factory original or at least the original model transmission in my '42 Dodge WC "Job Rated" pickup. Its a 3-speed but I have found some evidence to suggest perhaps the 4-speed was factory original.

How does one determine if the original transmission would have been a 3 or 4-speed? I have the Build Record but it doesn't seem to be much help in this case.

What do the Parts Books say should be in my truck and which exact model of transmission would that be?

Thanks!.   

The trans mounting holes on the front housing have a different pattern for a 4 speed as opposed to a 3 speed.  3 Speed trans in a 1/2 ton was standard equipment.

Edited by Dennis46PU

9 hours ago, Jerry Roberts said:

I am looking at a Pin Point Parts Specifier for Dodge trucks . For the WC 1941 - 1947 a four speed transmission was an available option . The mounting holes in the bell housing were different for the 4 speed as mentioned . 

Yup Dads 40 Plymouth came with the optional 4spd. We swapped it into the 46 Dodge junk hauler.