Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 8:12 AM, The Oil Soup said:

Do you know the rear end ratio and tire size?

I don't know the rear end ratio off hand.  I put on modern radials.  I'll have to check the size for you.

February 7, 2019:

Loaded up the Meadowbrook with household items for the trip to our new home.  It's only 1 hour from our old place.  Drove 65-70mph on the interstate.  Got a few waves on the back roads.  I finally have some nice outbuildings.  The shed in the background is 48x80.

IMG_20190407_162827249_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 4

February 7:

The barn is roughly 35x65, has a cement floor and power to it, including 220v.

Not pictured: 28x54 four car garage.  Well, you can see the corner of it.  Pretty excited about that too.

I still need to get the headlight rings back on.

IMG_20190407_163129822_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 3

Man do you ever have room for collector cars now!!  ?

Old driveable cars get first dibs! 

DJ

• Like 1

Awesome! Congrats on the new shop(s)!

I really need to lose my guilty conscious. I am toremented as I desire another vintage car. Actually an early 50’s mopar Fargo 1/2T. I found one too. 26,000 original miles. Never restored and no rust. On the prairies in Canada. I struggle with my needs vs wants. Lol. Arrggghhh. Worden you got your life priorities lines up. :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Worden18 said:

February 7, 2019:

Loaded up the Meadowbrook with household items for the trip to our new home.  It's only 1 hour from our old place.  Drove 65-70mph on the interstate.  Got a few waves on the back roads.  I finally have some nice outbuildings.  The shed in the background is 48x80.

IMG_20190407_162827249_HDR~2.jpg

A 48x80 "shed"?  Yeah,I would call that nice. Hope it is insulated if you plan on heating it in the winter in Mn.

22 hours ago, Worden18 said:

February 7, 2019:

You end up closer or further from the cities?

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

You end up closer or further from the cities?

A little closer.  20 minutes south of Rochester on Hwy 52.   I hope to organize a big shindig for this forum.  This property is perfect for it!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 7:07 PM, knuckleharley said:

A 48x80 "shed"?  Yeah,I would call that nice. Hope it is insulated if you plan on heating it in the winter in Mn.

Not insulated.  But I'm going to insulate the garage and install in-floor heat on the side that's going to be cemented. Only half is currently cemented.

Edited by Worden18

5 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Awesome! Congrats on the new shop(s)!

I really need to lose my guilty conscious. I am toremented as I desire another vintage car. Actually an early 50’s mopar Fargo 1/2T. I found one too. 26,000 original miles. Never restored and no rust. On the prairies in Canada. I struggle with my needs vs wants. Lol. Arrggghhh. Worden you got your life priorities lines up. :)

Go get that truck Keith!  We are only here for a short time, and God wants us to be happy ?

Can't wait to bring mine home.  We need to get settled in first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

April 20:

Took the Meadowbrook out for a short spin to drop off my daughter and a friend at a party.  I stopped at the market on the way home and some guy was checking out my car when I came out.  I told him the whole story.  It was fun.  Got a few thumbs up, too.

Pic 1: The one time my flag wasn't waving.

Pic 2: Ready to pull back into the shed for the night.

IMG_20190420_200517202~2.jpg

IMG_20190420_200530944~2.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

April 20:

Took the Meadowbrook out for a short spin to drop off my daughter and a friend at a party.  I stopped at the market on the way home and some guy was checking out my car when I came out.  I told him the whole story.  It was fun.  Got a few thumbs up, too.

Pic 1: The one time my flag wasn't waving.

Pic 2: Ready to pull back into the shed for the night.

I took my pickup to the grocery store today. When I came out there was another classic Dodge in the lot. Early 60s Dodge box truck that said backus fire Dept on the sides. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner but hopefully will see him around the neighborhood

• Like 1

April 25:

After unpacking my enclosed trailer of garage stuff into the barn, my son and I decided to fire up the Meadowbrook and drive into town for a snack.  Once I get my garage squared away I'll need to give it a tune-up, oil change, lube, etc.  Sure was a fun ride tonight ?.

IMG_20190425_211429905~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

May 16:

Took the kids out for a ride around town.  It was a perfect evening!  We had the windows down, and I stayed in 2nd gear most of the time, utilizing fluid drive.  That's our barn in the background ?

IMG_20190516_204815190~2.jpg

• Like 1

May 24, 2019: Friday night!

Took the kids out for an hour and a half cruise around town.  Stayed in 2nd gear mostly, utilizing Fluid Drive. ?

Lots of folks were out in their garages and back yards just enjoying the quiet cool evening.  No bugs, no wind, and a perfect temperature.   The Meadowbrook ran great despite needing a tune-up.  We had our share of gawkers!  It was fun.  The pics are after we got back home and parked in the shed. 

IMG_20190524_220125885~2.jpg

IMG_20190524_220305955~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18

Oh....My....What a shed! 

The things I could do in that shed! 

I’d start with 2 lifts. A 2 post and a 4 post. One for each vintage Mopar. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, BobDeSoto said:

Dirt floor has got to go.

Your car will rot from the bottom up.

It's gravel, seems to be really dry.  

5-31:

Been driving the kids around town at night; it's fun to cruise in second gear.  Tonight I drove my daughter to a party.  When we got there, a boy approached the Meadowbrook and yelled "nice car!" And then continued: "hey Ashley, I didn't know your dad was this cool!". LOL

Pic is at home by the garage.  

Car ran good despite needing a tune-up.  I'll get to it one of these days. 

IMG_20190531_214830539~2.jpg

Worden........what BobdeSoto said re the floor is right tho'..........I'd be aiming for a nice concrete floor asap...........andyd 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Worden........what BobdeSoto said re the floor is right tho'..........I'd be aiming for a nice concrete floor asap...........andyd 

I've moved the car to the garage ?

6-12-19:

Out for a cruise with my kids.  We "creeped" around town for about an hour and a half, mostly in second gear.  We stopped at Kwik Trip for a snack and ate in the car.  It's been cool here, perfect for cruising.  

Pic 1: Main Street Chatfield, MN

Pic 2: my son snapped my pic

Pic 3: home again

IMG_20190612_205059616_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190612_205307643~2.jpg

IMG_20190612_205609407~2.jpg

• Like 1