Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

6-24:

Daily driving the Meadowbrook to work.  It's been hot and muggy.  The car is just an awesome reliable piece of machinery.  It never gets old driving it ?

IMG_20210624_164358507~2.jpg

• Like 2

I've driven my 50 Meadowbrook a lot this year. Took it on a roughly 700 mile trip to Galena Illinois in early May. Been daily driving it to work a bunch, about 70 miles round trip. We'll be taking it to Iola Wisconsin in early July. I've clocked 2600 miles since late April. I agree, it never gets old driving it. I love the way it drives and floats down the road. @Worden18, you are partially responsible for the inspiration to drive my car as much as I have this season. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TravisL17 said:

I've driven my 50 Meadowbrook a lot this year. Took it on a roughly 700 mile trip to Galena Illinois in early May. Been daily driving it to work a bunch, about 70 miles round trip. We'll be taking it to Iola Wisconsin in early July. I've clocked 2600 miles since late April. I agree, it never gets old driving it. I love the way it drives and floats down the road. @Worden18, you are partially responsible for the inspiration to drive my car as much as I have this season. Thank you!

You're welcome, and glad to hear that you're enjoying your car and driving the heck out of it.  They were meant to drive!?

• Like 1

TGIF:  At work, I used to say, "Thank Goodness it's TGIF Friday!"  It drove one of the secretaries mad.  In the same vein, there's the International House of IHJOP Pancakes.   It sets me off when someone says "VIN Number", so I outdo the redundancy.  But I digress.   

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

ads are a way I find a laugh now and then...some folks have no clue at all.....I wanted to ask this guy how many baseballs did it take to stuff this bear....but many have zero sense of humor.....so just chuckle and move along...

Vintage baseball stuffed bear (bookoo.com)

He'd likely tell you to "Stuff it!"

• Haha 2

Oh, we're drifting away from the subject of the thread, but here goes:

My Daughter got me a Zero Gravity card for Father's Day. It reminded her of me and my sense of humor.

Man and boy at the checkout counter:

Clerk:  Sir, would you like the milk in a a bag?"

Dad:  "No, just leave it in the carton."

Son: "Every.  Single.  Time."

• Haha 3

with apologies....last one...

wife send man to store for a carton of milk....she ads....if they have eggs get a dozen..so the man comes home with 12 cartons of milk.....wife goes ballistic, why 12 cartons of milk....he replied, they had eggs...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Went grocery shopping yesterday, as I was loading the goodies into the Cambridge an older lady came over and asked me if it was a 51.  To which I replied "yes".  Seems her mom had a 50 and every time she left she and her friend would swipe it and go for a ride.  Said she was 12 back then.      We had some fun reminiscing

• Like 2

23 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

Sad. It's been almost three months since there's been a post about the old Meadowbrook. It seems like Warden18 has been fooling around with another vehicle. Just saying. ??

I’ve definitely been missing his posts too…

9-14:

Sorry for the long wait between posts everyone.  I actually HAVE been driving and doing things with the Meadowbrook, but have been failing to post them.  

Here's some pics from the Steamboat Days show.  I sat next to a Vietnam veteran who had a 38 Chevy. We talked for quite some time before he ended up walking around with his two brothers.  

Pic 1: my daughter hanging out on the bumper. Don't worry the tailpipe was long cooled by this point!

Pic 2: 1938 motorbike...German??  All I know is I loved it ?

Pic 3: '60 Desoto.  Worthy of a posted pic

IMG_20210724_134036178_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210724_133435147_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210724_122037881_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 4

We also recently attended a nice gathering at a park in LaCrosse Wisconsin. There was an awesome 50/ 60s band that played throughout the afternoon.  I talked to quite a number of people but with one gentleman for about 20 minutes. He really liked my car, and we sat inside and discussed it and other cars I've owned and cars he owned.  That's exactly what I like to do.

Pic1: this was a replica race car.  The owner built it from pictures and memory of the exact car that his older brothers raced back in the day.  It was pretty impressive.

Pic2: a really nice International Scout.  When I was a kid my best friend's dad was a Scout man.  The last one I remember him owning was a brand new 1979 4x4 yellow with black interior.  He would give us rides around the state park and point out the deer that were wandering around.  Good memories ?

Pic3: the band. They were awesome

Pic4: I believe I had the only Mopar from the 50s.  Imagine that

Pic 5: this is my boss's 1960 Biscayne. LS swap and the whole works.  I'm glad I don't have to worry about it getting scratched!

Pic 6: Herbie and his younger brother!  

Pic 7: we lucked out with shade from a tree. It was pretty hot that day

IMG_20210814_163259673_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210814_180237486~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1628987920194~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1628987979472.jpg

FB_IMG_1628987989886~3.jpg

FB_IMG_1628987950125.jpg

FB_IMG_1628987861234.jpg

9-22:

Out for a night cruise with the kids.  I almost forgot how to shift after driving the Rambler for so many days ?

We were all shocked at how much more room we had compared to the Rambler as well ?

Ahh...the good old Meadowbrook.  It ran good!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10-2:

Drove the Meadowbrook over to Elmer's Auto Salvage in Fountain City, WI this morning for their guided junkyard tour.  About an hour and forty five minute walk.  My son and I had a good time.  There was about 20 people in our tour group.  There are two or maybe three different tours throughout the day.  As soon as we walked in I seen this old pilot house.

IMG_20211002_085306654~2.jpg

• Like 1