Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Rain?

I sort of remember that.

By Wed. this coming week supposed to get to around 95. Can't wait for summer!! ?

I like the 70's and 80's but above that. ?. To hot to work in the garage and spend car money on AC. ?

DJ

I prefer mid 50sF.  Any weather that I need to open the cowl vent is too hot for me.  I'm in luck...mid-50s all week here in SE MN ?

• Like 1

Yikes!  Hail makes me wince, been through quite a few hailstorms when living in the southwest.  The noise is scary.  Nothing like the recent ones in OK and TX, though.  The ol' D24 got caught in one when we lived in NM that had quarter sized hail.  The Fulton sunvisor took some dings, as did all the newer cars around it in the parking lot.  But no damage at all to the Dodge, kudos to the heavier gauge steel they used back then.  

Temps in the high fifties/low sixties up here all this week.  We won't see above 80 until maybe July or August.  Some folks leave their heat on into June.  If it gets to the 90's it'll be once or twice, for maybe five minutes.  Only "issues" I have with these temps is extended curing times when I paint stuff.

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

That same storm system rolled thru my area in the evening. I had just lit coals to grill up a tenderloin for supper. I rolled the grill just inside the garage and watched the storm while under cover. It was just pea size hail, so no damage. 

Same storm here, we are still playing with temps in the 40s no hail more like sleet and slush droplets when it went thru. I was doing the same thing, not tenderloin though, brats and hamburgers insted. Put the lid over the charcoal starter and waited. Stood in the doorway of the service door and waited.

5-6:

Out for a little cruise with my daughter.  We stopped at the park to watch my son play baseball.  

Second pic: my daughter wanted to drive.  Fluid Drive is so forgiving!  She did okay.  I helped her shift from 1st to 2nd. ?

Also, to work everyday with the Meadowbrook as usual...

IMG_20210506_191114099_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210506_192447095_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

5-7:

Out for a Friday night cruise around town with the kids.  While the car was warming up, there was some commotion 2 blocks down.  Fire trucks, ambulance, and several police cars.  Not sure what happened.  

It was a chilly night so we had to cycle the heater. 

My kids will never forget our frequent cruises.  We sure have fun!  

IMG_20210507_202250263~2.jpg

IMG_20210507_210004950~2.jpg

You're making great memories. Well worth the effort. Your kids will cherish these times for the rest of their lives. Good job Dad! My youngest was 18 when I finally bought an old car. I let him take my 53 Chrysler to high school in his final year. I wish I had bought an old car when the boys were young. I missed that amazing window of opportunity to go get ice cream in a classic car with my young sons.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

6-4:

To work everyday this week with the Meadowbrook.

Now I'm on my way home stuck behind a train in the 95° heat. We'll see how well my waterless coolant holds up as I sit here and idle....

Update: Temp needle was up there... didn't seem to matter.  Made it home fine. ?

IMG_20210604_074958228~2.jpg

IMG_20210604_165009415_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 2

How quickly did it drop when you started to move?  What is the boiling point of that type of coolant?  Had a similar situation few years at the US Canada border in Niagara Falls. Gauge showed 200. Soon as we got above 30 mph is shortly was back down to 170.

6 hours ago, greg g said:

How quickly did it drop when you started to move?  What is the boiling point of that type of coolant?  Had a similar situation few years at the US Canada border in Niagara Falls. Gauge showed 200. Soon as we got above 30 mph is shortly was back down to 170.

It came back down when I started moving, almost immediately as usual.  375F is the boiling point, and -80F the freeze point.  I've had zero problems with this (Evans waterless) coolant.  

It got to 90 here today.  Was out and about with temp at 170.  Got in a four car queue  to get into a car show. Temp went to 185.  After shut down the gauge was at 200, when I left it was down to ambient.  I run regular glycol at 70% water, 30% coolant. 

• Like 1

6-10:

Running some errands after work.  Stopped at a local garage to inquire about getting new exhaust on my 48 B1D.  Been super hot and muggy here (90s), but the Meadowbrook hasn't let me down.  Hell, it'll run on 7 cylinders and with the carb about falling off. ?

IMG_20210609_195514443_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210610_165117962_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

Hell, it'll run on 7 cylinders and with the carb about falling off. 

Yup! Ya just gotta love flatheads !

• Like 1

6-12-21:

Out for a night cruise around town with the kids.  Got a break from the super hot weather/humidity today.  Tonight's cruise was just pure bliss.  Driving the Meadowbrook never gets old!

The oil splatter on the pavement is from our van, not the Meadowbrook ?

IMG_20210612_222005092~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18

6-14-21:

At the clinic downtown over lunch to get looked at.  Yep, I have shingles.  Fun!?

Pic 2: at Walgreens picking up the medicine for it.

IMG_20210614_125748768_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20210614_130939921_HDR~2.jpg

• Sad 1

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.  My wife and kids have all had bouts with shingles.  They were not pleasant to be around during the affliction.  So far, I have dodged that bullet.

• Thanks 1

6-18:

It's Steamboat Days here in Winona, so the fair is in town.  The kids and I cruised around.  Fluid Drive 2nd gear was the thing.

I like this downtown painting on one of the historic buildings.  I didn't capture the whole image.

IMG_20210618_194632681~2.jpg

There's a gentleman that cruises around with his dog in the side car.  And yes, the dog wears goggles, and will stay in there when the owner gets in line for fair food.  

IMG_20210618_201632389~2.jpg

• Like 2