Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

1 hour ago, greg g said:

We have a guy who does a big pumpkin patch and corn maze.  His calling card is a 500 pound counter weight trebuchet with which he hurls orange missiles about his property trying to knock down small straw bale walls.

Isn't there some place that holds an annual pumpkin chucking contest? I've seen things on that. People come up with some pretty elaborate slingshots, catapults, and trebuchet's in attempt to get the most distance out of an orange gourd. 

10-6:

Ready to pull out of the garage for work.  

Pic 2: At work.  When I drive the Meadowbrook in, I wish the drive was a little longer!  Lots of smiles from fellow motorists.  

IMG_20201006_073640864~2.jpg

IMG_20201006_074744075_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

19-6:

Then on to MGM for some Tuesday night brewskies. ?

A woman stopped me on the way in and wanted to be educated on my car.  I was shocked, not many women ask about it.  I gladly obliged.

I also stopped at the public library to grab some books for my daughter, but forgot to snap a picture.

IMG_20201006_165228682_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

10-9:

Had the day off work just to do some maintenance on the Meadowbrook and enjoy myself. ?

Stopped at friend's to pick him up.  He'd be letting me into his son's shop at his place of business so I could use the hoist.

IMG_20201009_102406715_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20201009_104813743_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

10-9:

So while under there I adjusted the E-brake, changed the transmission oil, topped off the rear axle oil, greased all zerks, adjusted all 4 brakes, sprayed up rusty bolts, snugged oil pan bolts and fuel pump bolts, re-routed my gas line from bowl up to filter, and checked fluid level in master cylinder (after car was back on the ground).  I bought some more 15w-40 for the next oil change (in maybe another 500 miles).  

IMG_20201009_115417303~2.jpg

IMG_20201009_115422233~2.jpg

• Like 1

10-9:

Home at last!

Then later the kids and I drove to visit my brother.  We went for a nice long night criuse.  He drove.  I got to sit in the back and be chauffeured.  ?

After the ride we sat in the car until 2am and laughed our heads off reminiscing about the early 80s.

IMG_20201009_161605234_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20201009_223910687~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worden18 said:

10-9:

Home at last!

Then later the kids and I drove to visit my brother.  We went for a nice long night criuse.  He drove.  I got to sit in the back and be chauffeured.  ?

After the ride we sat in the car until 2am and laughed our heads off reminiscing about the early 80s.

IMG_20201009_161605234_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20201009_223910687~2.jpg

Those headlights are really bright. Did you convert to 12 volt?

6 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Those headlights are really bright. Did you convert to 12 volt?

No, it's 6v.  The bright lights do work excellent.  I think my phone's camera probably distorted how bright they really are though.

Edited by Worden18

13 minutes ago, Worden18 said:

10-12:

Tonight's maintenance: fill up steering box.  It was low, so I'm glad I remembered ?

IMG_20201012_192302775~2.jpg

I wonder if it would steer any easier with synthetic grease in it,and if synthetic grease would have any negative effects on the seals?

20 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

I wonder if it would steer any easier with synthetic grease in it,and if synthetic grease would have any negative effects on the seals?

That's a good question.  Never thought of that.  My manual says to add a little 10w to thin it out in cold weather.  I might do that soon.

57 minutes ago, greg g said:

Several folks have used John Deere Corn Head Grease.   I have it in my leaky Studebaker truck box.  A tube is 5 you bucks at your neighborly JD dealer or on line.

I guess it works good?

Does it leak more or less with this grease,or can't you tell the difference?

No drips in the garage.  Supposedly it liquifies under pressure then goes more viscous when unsqueezed.  I read up on it's properties but 8 or 10 years ago.  The Stude box took about half a tube.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/317640-what-corn-head-grease-what.html

I've been using John Deere Corn Head Grease for years on gearboxes that were cleaned up and re-sealed, and gears turn VERY smoothly...what little grease that seeps out attracts dust, which purty much cakes over that little leak.  For best results, fill gearbox as full as possible to displace air and moisture, working gears back and forth to get the grease to settle and flow through the gears and into the bearings :cool:

• Like 3

10-14:

Been driving the Meadowbrook to work every day this week.  I have the oldest car on the road every day, at least that I've seen. ?

Now that my e-brake is working good I don't have to worry about rolling down into the neighboring business' grass. ?

I'm happy to see the car after work is done!

Pic 1: 7:50am

Pic 2: last one to leave

IMG_20201014_075008953~2.jpg

IMG_20201014_163332410_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Worden18 said:

10-14:

Been driving the Meadowbrook to work every day this week.  I have the oldest car on the road every day, at least that I've seen. ?

Now that my e-brake is working good I don't have to worry about rolling down into the neighboring business' grass. ?

I'm happy to see the car after work is done!

IMG_20201014_075008953~2.jpg

IMG_20201014_163332410_HDR~2.jpg

It always makes me happy when I remember I drove one of the old cars during my work day. Even better when I walk out and get to drive it home.

10-15:

After work I drove to Hwy 61 Liquor for some Henry's hard soda ?

Had the heater on low as it was chilly and windy.

Pic 2: Had to park in front of the neighbor's.  Later I'll take her back to the garage.  Got a couple of thumbs up and some strange looks too. ?

IMG_20201015_164732930_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20201015_173547305_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1