Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

4-11-20:

Just me and my oldest daughter out for a night ride (Herb Alpert ?).  Every time I play that song it reminds me of the Meadowbrook ?

IMG_20200411_195852319~2.jpg

IMG_20200411_195908225~2.jpg

• Like 1

4-11-20:

A quick run to the gas station to fetch milk for the wife.

Pic 2: Snapped this photo while leaving again.  I thought the house looked kinda spooky; I love things like that.  Meadowbrook purred down the driveway. 

IMG_20200411_200855848~2.jpg

IMG_20200411_201857253~2.jpg

• Like 1

4-11-20:

Backed up to get a photo with the "dino"?

Pic 2: safe at home next to the '48.  Ran about a 30 mile round trip.  It was just what I needed ?

IMG_20200411_204812323~2.jpg

IMG_20200411_212207836~2.jpg

• Like 1

4-15-20:

Fired up the Meadowbrook for the drive to work.  Brisk, in the teens this morning.  Let her warm up for 15 minutes.  65mph on the interstate; gosh it was fun!  Pic 1 is at work, ready to grab my lunch and head indoors.  I noticed my e-brake needs an adjustment ?

IMG_20200415_075123758_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200415_073153356~2.jpg

IMG_20200415_073138129~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 3

It's wonderful you can drive your Dodge everyday and at freeway speeds enjoying the heck out of it.

Best part I like you are showing it can be driven every day just like it came from the factory..

Stock no mods and runs out just fine everywhere.

I drove my 51 Cranbrook, 53  Plymouth Savoy wagon all bone stock for years in Seattle and all over the NW.

Cars now retired...Wagon has over 300,000 miles, 3 engines..300lbs of rust..☹

Brakes, engines well maintained were very reliable.

Thanks for continually posting!

PS..I used to do 6 years of maintenance on a 1952 Coronet for a little lady who drove her car every day in Seattle traffic and down to San Francisco. 

She could barely see above the wheel.

She certainly  loved that Dodge.

She called it her "Carriage" !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

It's wonderful you can drive your Dodge everyday and at freeway speeds enjoying the heck out of it.

Best part I like you are showing it can be driven every day just like it came from the factory..

Stock no mods and runs out just fine everywhere.

I drove my 51 Cranbrook, 53  Plymouth Savoy wagon all bone stock for years in Seattle and all over the NW.

Cars now retired...Wagon has over 300,000 miles, 3 engines..300lbs of rust..☹

Brakes, engines well maintained were very reliable.

Thanks for continually posting!

PS..I used to do 6 years of maintenance on a 1952 Coronet for a little lady who drove her car every day in Seattle traffic and down to San Francisco. 

She could barely see above the wheel.

She certainly  loved that Dodge.

She called it her "Carriage" !

Thanks for sharing.  I like to hear everyone's stories.  I don't feel so secluded/excluded knowing the people on this forum have and are doing similar things with their cars and trucks.  I just wanna have fun!

Pics: last one to leave work, and Hwy 10 close to home.  

Also, I filled up with gas on the way home and a trucker approached me and said "You should only be driving it on Sundays!" Then he said he was just kidding and that the car looked great.  One look and he knew the car is a driver. ?

IMG_20200415_161746473_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200415_173849392_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 4

4-23-20:

The Meadowbrook hopefully got its last interstate drive for a while today.  We'll be moving to town (where I work), so the car will stay in the garage at our new house.  

Gloomy drive in, and also a close-up of the clock.  Small hand is bent...need to get that fixed.  It still works!  It has a calming "click-clack" to it. ?

IMG_20200423_074653601~2.jpg

IMG_20200423_071726692_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200423_071925708_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 1

Hi John

lucky you , the snow is all gone..

here almost all gone,, but the cold weather won't leave us,, still around 32 f  , too cold for the end of april..

but soon we will ride in a Dodge..  lol

16 hours ago, lepic56 said:

Hi John

lucky you , the snow is all gone..

here almost all gone,, but the cold weather won't leave us,, still around 32 f  , too cold for the end of april..

but soon we will ride in a Dodge..  lol

Supposed to be a fantastic weekend here.  I hope to get the car out at some point.  Here's it's new home.  We'll be moving this weekend, and I hope to organize the garage so I can get the 48 B1D in there too?

IMG_20200423_181741476~2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

Supposed to be a fantastic weekend here.  I hope to get the car out at some point.  Here's it's new home.  We'll be moving this weekend, and I hope to organize the garage so I can get the 48 B1D in there too?

IMG_20200423_181741476~2.jpg

Is the new garage bigger??   ,also we don,t see your 48 B1D driven often,,??

4 hours ago, lepic56 said:

Is the new garage bigger??   ,also we don,t see your 48 B1D driven often,,??

the new garage is a lot smaller, but I have room to expand two more spaces and also go up!  I haven't had time to work on my 48. But with this move I will be closer to work and I will have time. The first thing I will do is finish the tune up and start on the brakes. You will see me post in the truck section under "me and the B1D" ?

• Like 1

4-25-20:

Spent most of the day moving things to our new house.  Wasn't fun.  Capped off the night with a cruise around Winona.  Here we are at Kwik Trip getting a snack.  Perfect weather for a cruise; clear skies, 55F and no wind.

IMG_20200425_211924468~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JerseyHarold said:

Good luck in your new home.  It looks pretty urban compared to your former place.

Thanks for the well wishes.  It is very urban.  Smack dab in the middle of the city.  It's a nice neighborhood with kind neighbors.

4-27-20:

Went out again later to fetch some bottled water.  Behind my car you see what's called Sugar Loaf of Winona, MN.  You can look it up on Wikipedia; it's interesting.  

A guy was admiring my car when I came out of the store.  We chatted for about 10 minutes.  He was happy that I took the time to show it to him.  It was a good night.

IMG_20200427_202534353~2.jpg

• Like 2

4-30-20:

Guys, I really messed up the Meadowbrook.  It was running kind of crappy, like it was fouling the plugs...it even died on me once.  Eventually I had to rev it at stop signs to keep it running.  I changed plugs 500 miles ago.  Ran fine up until yesterday. I hadn't changed the dizzy cap since the engine rebuild 4 years ago.  So I changed the cap and cleaned the plugs with a brass brush.  Plugs weren't terrible, but definitely on the rich side...some black sooty buildup.  Took it out for a ride.  Idled awesome, but under a load after shifting to second gear it was mildly backfiring.  Limped it home.  Took off top of carb, adjusted the float hoping to make it run a lot leaner.  Put it all back together.  Got out into the street and accelerated in first gear and she backfired like an A-bomb.  Damn near blew my muffler apart (see pic).  Also, you can see how bad the old cap was.  I just don't know where to go from here. I'm super frustrated.  I'm starting to wonder if the pertronix kit/coil are not putting out the spark they should?  I haven't had any problems thus far with the pertronix system.  It's been in there 4 years.  Shed some light on me fellas.  I'm not that good at this stuff.  Ball and ball carb by the way.  Also, my multimeter died so not sure how I would even test the coil.  Guess I better buy a new one.  

IMG_20200430_201448059~2.jpg

IMG_20200430_212619600~2.jpg

• Sad 1