Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

3-27-20:

All 5 of us (and the dog) out for a cruise on some back roads tonight.  It never gets old! 

Pic 1: warming up

Pic 2: bumper pushed into passenger side fender when original owner's wife lost control of the car and ran into a stump in their front yard circa 1957.  The original owner's daughter told me the story on the phone a couple of years ago.  

IMG_20200327_180019944_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200327_180045307~2.jpg

• Like 2

3-27-20:

Pic 1: period bumper tow hitch with an original piston attached.  I had to repurpose that piston somehow!

Pic 2: lights up the license plate

IMG_20200327_180411183_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200327_180416333~2.jpg

• Like 1

3-27-20:

This old Chevy was parked at the end of someone's driveway as an ornament.  The highway was pretty steep, yet we made it up in 3rd gear @ 35mph with over 500 lbs of us in the car ?

IMG_20200327_184733092~2.jpg

• Like 2

Worden...........great pics as usual but have a couple of questions.........the licence plate condition....are they allowed to be that rusty and unreadable?..........also the rust through near the tailight, have never seen rust in that position.......any idea why it rusted there?........and whats your name?.........lol..........Andy Douglas.

1 hour ago, Andydodge said:

Worden...........great pics as usual but have a couple of questions.........the licence plate condition....are they allowed to be that rusty and unreadable?..........also the rust through near the tailight, have never seen rust in that position.......any idea why it rusted there?........and whats your name?.........lol..........Andy Douglas.

Hi Andy,

The local DMV never said a word about the condition of the plate....= win for me!

Minnesota road salt kicked up by the rear tires rusted that area and lower down as well.

My name is John ?

• Like 1

Thats one thing we have never had here in Oz is salted roads..........shouldn't there be some sort of sheet metal deflector behind the rear tyres?........or I suppose its rusted away too...lol........andyd

8 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Thats one thing we have never had here in Oz is salted roads..........shouldn't there be some sort of sheet metal deflector behind the rear tyres?........or I suppose its rusted away too...lol........andyd

No deflector of any type.... I don't believe there's ever been any mud flaps either.  My car is pretty rusty, but I just kinda roll with it ?

• Like 1

I was surprised to see that rust actually as the pics you post show a nice clean well preserved old car.......lol......and it is well preserved and clean.....lol......andyd 

54 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

I was surprised to see that rust actually as the pics you post show a nice clean well preserved old car.......lol......and it is well preserved and clean.....lol......andyd 

My camera (at a distance) somehow takes pictures that make things look much better than they actually are... including myself I'm sure!?

The Meadowbrook has seen better days by far, but I like it the way it is.  No stressing about scratches, dents, salt, sand, rain, etc.  

• Like 2

3-31-20:

Just me and my oldest out for a cruise tonight for some dad/daughter time.

Pic: right before we took off.  Just reaffirming that my car is not a well preserved example.  It's a rusty driver?

IMG_20200331_184948187_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

3-31-20:

Pic 1: same stop sign, different angle.

Pic 2: at home, interior light on, dog blanket on the floor even though he didn't come with this time. ?

IMG_20200331_193840176~2.jpg

IMG_20200331_195451423~2.jpg

• Like 3

4-2-20:

Drove the Meadowbrook to work today.  Kind of a crisp morning.  Heater fan on low for 15 minutes, then fan off and kept a nice temperature inside. 65mph on   I-90 as usual. 

Pic 1: at work 7:50am

Pic 2: at new house dropping off garbage.  The dump near me shut down if you can believe that.  They should be essential.  

IMG_20200402_075145906_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200402_164623613_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

4-2-20:

Me and my youngest right when I got home.  Co-workers dared me to wear that shirt today. So I did, and we laughed our heads off ! ?

Meadowbrook ran great.  

IMG_20200402_174217156_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

4-11-20:

Out to the post office for stamps.  A couple came out of the supermarket and were pointing at the Meadowbrook while smiling.  They ended up getting into a newer Dodge Challenger.  It's cold here this morning; heater on low.  

IMG_20200411_092950840~2.jpg

• Like 1

4-11-20:

I hope to go out for a longer cruise today.  I have to get some things done around here first.  Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snow storm, so today is the day if we want to get out ?

IMG_20200411_093455468~2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

4-11-20:

I hope to go out for a longer cruise today.  I have to get some things done around here first.  Tomorrow we're supposed to get a snow storm, so today is the day if we want to get out ?

IMG_20200411_093455468~2.jpg

I hope you can get out for that cruise today! Glad you are enjoying the car even with everything going on.