Me and the Meadowbrook

Worden18

Nov 2:

Mack likes to ride along.  I had the heat going as it is only about 25 degrees and Mack hardly has any hair to keep him warm. ?

IMG_20191102_125718800_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191102_130755546~2.jpg

IMG_20191102_131009470~2.jpg

Edited by Worden18
  • Like 3

Nov. 2:

One more picture on our way out. The previous picture was when we got back. I had stopped for coffee and a donut on the way home. The coffee was glorious as I was kind of chilled after putting the car away. ?

IMG_20191102_133731714_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Worden18 said:

Nov. 2:

One more picture on our way out. The previous picture was when we got back. I had stopped for coffee and a donut on the way home. The coffee was glorious as I was kind of chilled after putting the car away. ?

IMG_20191102_133731714_HDR~2.jpg

You should do a series of seasonal shots with your Meadowbrook in this location - it's so idyllic and nostalgic!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tjlarson88 said:

You should do a series of seasonal shots with your Meadowbrook in this location - it's so idyllic and nostalgic!

I thought about that when I took this picture.  Stay tuned!?

• Like 3

Thursday Nov. 7, 2019:

Single digits this morning when I fired up the Meadowbrook to run some errands.  Plus we got about 3-4" of snow.  As long as the roads aren't salted heavily I will keep driving the car.  It is a driver!  It ran great and the heater was awesome as usual.  I really needed the peaceful cruise.  The sun was shining and there's still a lot of fall colors now mixed with the white ground.  I wish I could have driven all day long.  Grateful to get the run in that I did.  About a 25 mile round trip.

IMG_20191107_120945194_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191107_120933453_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 2

Friday, Nov. 15, 2019:

Me, my 2 daughters and the dog went out for a cruise.  Gorgeous day with temps in the lower 40s.  The sun was shining and the farmers were harvesting corn.  The drone of the old flathead had everyone relaxed.  

Pic 1: buckling my seatbelt

Pic 2: awesome landscape as we cruised along

IMG_20191115_140740328_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191115_141041023_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

Nov. 15:

We stopped at the Whitewater Travel Plaza for a snack.  A friend of mine owns the place.  With it being Sinclair now I save $0.20 per gallon every time I fill up with the Sinclair gasoline app.

IMG_20191115_142929810_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191115_142947065_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

Nov. 15:

While we had our snack I had my baby daughter on my lap. She liked to touch the steering wheel, the horn ring, and the knob that opens the smokers window! 

My older daughter looked right at home with that bandana on her head. ?

IMG_20191115_143119905_BURST001~2.jpg

IMG_20191115_144139976_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg

• Like 1

Simply awesome!  I'll once again thank you for sharing your "adventures" with us.  I must say your youngest girl looks a bit more enthused than your oldest one...although we've seen your eldest's excitement with the old car often enough.  I've always enjoyed that time of year between when the last leaves have fallen and the permanent snow sets in, (you'uns down south may have to trust me on this one...) you can see so much of the world around you, and everything is so nice and crisp.  That was only a couple weeks over here this year, but memorable none-the-less.

Interesting that you have a local Sinclair garage.........many years ago, o/k......1972/73 my brother Bruce ended up buying a 1936 Chev Panel Truck which was the delivery van for the Sydney Sinclair Oil distributor........he got a heap of old literature and advertising signs, printing plates and oil cans all with Dino on them but the 'piece de resistance' was the signage on the side of the truck...."Sinclair Oil, Mellowed 80 Million Years" with Dino still large as life, well, not quite but it certainly got noticed..........being hotrodders we couldn't leave it alone so it got a triple carb Tattersall intake and headers on the stock 1936 engine, 14' front wheels to give it a rake and courtesy of cartoonist R Crumb and the Fabulous Furry Freak Bros...... a "Keep On Truckin' " blown up artwork on the original tailgate...........the truck got sold many yrs ago but it still brings back lots of memories.......and, well,  some we have trouble remembering also...........lol.............Andy Douglas

img011.jpg

img010.jpg

Edited by Andydodge
more info

6 hours ago, Dan Hiebert said:

Simply awesome!  I'll once again thank you for sharing your "adventures" with us.  I must say your youngest girl looks a bit more enthused than your oldest one...although we've seen your eldest's excitement with the old car often enough.  I've always enjoyed that time of year between when the last leaves have fallen and the permanent snow sets in, (you'uns down south may have to trust me on this one...) you can see so much of the world around you, and everything is so nice and crisp.  That was only a couple weeks over here this year, but memorable none-the-less.

I caught my older daughter off guard with the picture.  Believe me, she was enthused!  She was the one that suggested the cruise in the first place, and then wouldn't leave me alone until I went out to warm up the car.  Usually I'm not so stubborn to convince, but once we got going I was grateful for her persistence. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Interesting that you have a local Sinclair garage.........many years ago, o/k......1972/73 my brother Bruce ended up buying a 1936 Chev Panel Truck which was the delivery van for the Sydney Sinclair Oil distributor........he got a heap of old literature and advertising signs, printing plates and oil cans all with Dino on them but the 'piece de resistance' was the signage on the side of the truck...."Sinclair Oil, Mellowed 80 Million Years" with Dino still large as life, well, not quite but it certainly got noticed..........being hotrodders we couldn't leave it alone so it got a triple carb Tattersall intake and headers on the stock 1936 engine, 14' front wheels to give it a rake and courtesy of cartoonist R Crumb and the Fabulous Furry Freak Bros...... a "Keep On Truckin' " blown up artwork on the original tailgate...........the truck got sold many yrs ago but it still brings back lots of memories.......and, well,  some we have trouble remembering also...........lol.............Andy Douglas

img011.jpg

img010.jpg

Cool story Andy!  Thanks for sharing.  I'd sure love to see that '36; what an awesome vehicle....

• 3 weeks later...

Dec. 6, 2019:

Drove my daughter to Cabin Coffee so she could get a "turtle frappe".  She texted me from inside and said some old guys (everyone is old when you're 14) liked my car and wondered why it wasn't put away for the winter.  She came back out with her coffee before I could finish my return text.  

My battery was down a bit for whatever reason so the generator was working hard.  It leveled out after a while.  Heater worked good.  I need to take it for a longer cruise! ?

IMG_20191206_084647959_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191206_085139712~2.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Worden18 said:

Dec. 6, 2019:

Drove my daughter to Cabin Coffee so she could get a "turtle frappe".  She texted me from inside and said some old guys (everyone is old when you're 14) liked my car and wondered why it wasn't put away for the winter.  She came back out with her coffee before I could finish my return text.  

My battery was down a bit for whatever reason so the generator was working hard.  It leveled out after a while.  Heater worked good.  I need to take it for a longer cruise! ?

IMG_20191206_084647959_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20191206_085139712~2.jpg

I won't take my Plymouth out with the snow/salt season setting it, but I'm not opposed to driving my Mercury being it does have some rust and is not perfect. If you're driving your Dodge in the snow I should take my car out too!

23 minutes ago, tjlarson88 said:

I won't take my Plymouth out with the snow/salt season setting it, but I'm not opposed to driving my Mercury being it does have some rust and is not perfect. If you're driving your Dodge in the snow I should take my car out too!

My phone's camera has a sneaky way of making my car look nice.  It's not nice.  It's super rusty.  This morning when we took it out things were frozen solid, and road salt is at a minimum right now.   So I don't worry about it much.  If my car was rust free like my 48 B1D, I wouldn't drive it at all in winter.  

• Like 1

I would guess, the amount of salt you will encounter will not do an appreciable amount of damage. Your wet springtime should adequately remove most. I need the road therapy, need to get out of my shop. You have set a great example of humble sharing, which I enjoy. 
a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, pflaming said:

I would guess, the amount of salt you will encounter will not do an appreciable amount of damage. Your wet springtime should adequately remove most. I need the road therapy, need to get out of my shop. You have set a great example of humble sharing, which I enjoy. 
a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.

Thanks man.  Just trying to have fun.  I really enjoy driving my car and sharing the simple pleasures with the people here.  Merry Christmas to you as well!

• Like 1