1940 p10 floor

neil

Does anyone know where to find floor pans for p10 1940? I'm Having trouble finding what I need. It covers the fwd floor all the way across and up to the firewall. Also what is the difference between a deluxe  and a seven passenger?  Neil

Are you looking for the separate unboltable front floor section?.......also my understanding is that "Deluxe' referred to a more upmarket version of a particular style or body which could be a sedan, coupe, convertible or whatever..........however the 7 passenger was a LONG wheelbased 4 door sedan  version that was generally used by hire car companies, hotels and tourist places to convey more people as they usually had a pair of folding occasional or "jump" seats that folded out of either the floor or inset into the rear of a fixed front seat, generally they didn't have a window behind the front seat as that seems to be more the thing that indentified a limo  ..............compare the middle and bottom pics........the bottom one is the 20" longer Royal 7 Passenger car........this is from an Oz 1940 Plymouth sales brochure.........I have never seen a 1940 Oz Mopar 7 passenger car in any mopar brand in 48yrs of playing with 1940 Dodges(yep I started young, lol)...........7 passenger cars in the Plymouth & Dodge brands were sometimes based on the Desoto/Chrysler long wheelbase chassis apparently...........btw welcome from Oz....Andy Douglas   

img004 (8).jpg

Edited by Andydodge

I was just curious about the 7 passenger car, thanks for for the info. My car is a 1940 4 door sedan, P10. I am looking for the fwd floorboard that is bolted in and covers the entire frt floor, driver side to passenger side up to firewall. Not sure about the deluxe thing. Any other floors that are available would be great to.  Neil

I ordered from Plymouth Doctor a couple years ago.  He was hard to get a hold of, and the parts took about 4 months to get here, but i did get them.  

You could try SRPM, i think they resell the plymouth doctor stuff...might stock them..http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/srpm/srpm-steel-repair-panels-descriptions-and-pricing-40288be844777ca801447a5d80cd0111-p.html

Also this place makes them, but i  don't know about the quality: https://www.c2cfabrication.com/products/1940-41-plymouth-standard-coupe-complete-front-floor-pan?gclid=CJXi5v_dnNQCFcOIswodflkCrQ

Edited by raylloyd
error in link - oops

Neil, .......just checked the 36-42 Parts Manual I have and it seems that the front floor assembly is the same number only for 1940 cars but not the convertible which I find strange...........also I'd still be checking to see if you could find pics of the front floor up to 1948 as I'd think that maybe the differences if there are any might be more to do with how the accelerator etc fit rather than the actual overall shape............but I might be wrong............lol..............I'd be asking for any pics of 1941-48 front floor assemblys from other forum members to compare with what you have(the parts Manual doesn't have a specific pic)..................BTW my OZ 1940 Dodge uses 1940 Plymouth bits.......if you had of contacted me around 1973 when I put the V8 in it I would have given you the front floor outa my car.............lol.....sold it long ago........regards, andyd.     

Edited by Andydodge

On 5/31/2017 at 6:14 PM, neil said:

I have tried to contact the Doctor, have not had any success, anyone else use the Doctor?

The Plymouth Dr got back to me and gave me some prices, he guarantees the quality so that a plus for me, we ill see how this turns out. He pretty much confirmed that the front floor for 1940 would fit the sedan or coupe. Thanks to everyone for all the input. When I find time to work on it some more I will keep you all informed.