Art Deco vehicles

pflaming

6 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

what was the story on the teardrop...original or re-pop attempt?

We took it in on a partial trade for a 34 Dodge pickup. I took it to this BBQ and sold it within 10 min. It's home made.

20170610_135611.jpg

20170610_190941.jpg

thanks...I see the opening for the gallery in your photo's above, did not see a opening for a side access door either side, no roof vent or on the front a glass opening.....these features are usually detailed/reinforced in the frame before skinned...these usually do move fast at the swaps..so it seems in my area at least...

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 11:07 AM, JOHN EDGE said:

this is the look were shooting for- what do you think

photo_(24).JPG

Why?? It looks squashed to me and makes everything look out of proportion as well.

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, pflaming said:

MOPAR? Found along side the road in Maine. 

IMG_9533.JPG

Mopar for sure. Looks like a 37-38 Plymouth to me.

20 minutes ago, medium_jon said:

I vote for that tractor qualifying 

Me,too! Nobody can deny that tractors played as big a role making America the powerhouse she became as the auto industry. Maybe not as obvious unless it's dinnertime,but still a huge factor.

It is hard to believe farmers actually made a living using tiny little things like that,though. I see people these days with 5 acres Horse "hobby farms" using tractors bigger than that.

14 minutes ago, greg g said:

Gotta consider these.

1935-Hupmobile-Aero-2-side-768x512.jpg

1935-Hupmobile-Aero-1-768x512.jpg

No kidding. That sweet thing should be leading the parade.

I can't be the only one reminded of the 33-34 Willys cars by those headlights,and when it comes to 33 Willys coupe,there is only one that pops into my mind,Ohio George Montgomery's blown gasser with the Cadillac engine. Don Gartlits has George's 34 Ford coupe with the slightly de-tuned blown Caddy in it that George drove on the street,and has been trying to buy the Willys coupe for years. He says he is pretty sure he knows where it is,but the guy that owns it won't admit having it and won't let anyone in his garage.

5946a165ed09f_OhioGeorge.jpg.8e0167995a61c57bb5b664b93ac06a13.jpg

Yes,the front fenders have been trimmed to give them a little less "lift at speed"

Edited by knuckleharley

3 minutes ago, greg g said:

Sorry about the double post.  These need to be added too.

1937StudebakerDictator_03_1000.jpg

Any of you guys ever walked up to a Studebaker Dictator? The only one I have ever seen was stored behind a auto repair shop out in Denver in the 70,and it was a 4dr sedan. Studebaker weren't just a-woofing when they named this thing the Dictator. SOB was MASSIVE,and had a V12 engine in it.

Can anyone imagine an auto company coming out with a new line of cars named the "Dictator" these days?

2 minutes ago, greg g said:

Instrument panel from above.

301067352_7a0a30a3f8_b.jpg

Can you imagine how shocking that styling was to middle-America back in the mid-30's? Not that there was any chance of middle-America being able to afford one if they wanted it. These things were priced for movie stars,actual Dictators,and trust fund children.