Short or Long?

Going to look at 2 1953 Dodge pick ups.

One is a long bed and other is a short bed.

Guy's asking $600 a piece.

That's all I know at the moment.

Which is more desirable?

Or should I say, which is harder to find?

Thanks for any input.

Edited by BigDaddyO

Depends maybe where your from...here in Canada, short is hard to find, lots of 9' boxes, but also way more 1 ton then 1/2 here as well.

Short will always be the more desirable truck to build, be it hot rod or restore 

• Like 1

My '49 B-1-D-126 rides a LOT smoother than my '48 B-1-B-108...just like my  '92 Dakota long bed rode a lot smoother than my '89 Dakota short bed...they all have a good ride, but longer wheelbase inherently has a less choppy feel :cool:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

Going to look at 2 1953 Dodge pick ups.

One is a long bed and other is a short bed.

Guy's asking $600 a piece.

That's all I know at the moment.

Which is more desirable?

Or should I say, which is harder to find?

Thanks for any input.

At those prices why say which? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

At those prices why say which? 

31 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

get them both, decide later....sell the one you don't build....(after gleaming the better off two for the one)

I was afraid someone would say this....what I was thinking all along,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1079.jpg

This radio and a pair of tail lights were the only interesting items on these two rusted out hulks and the radio 'face' was missing. I passed on them. Still available if anyone is game. I have more pictures but can't upload them. Keep getting 3MB max warning.

Edited by BigDaddyO
To add discription

4 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

IMG_1079.jpg

This radio and a pair of tail lights were the only interesting items on these two rusted out hulks and the radio 'face' was missing. I passed on them. Still available if anyone is game. I have more pictures but can't upload them. Keep getting 3MB max warning.

the ash tray and lighter are worth some money to someone as is the DODGE script logo on the dash...just know they are FRAGILE and the metal clips on back must be removed with the utmost care.

5 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

IMG_1079.jpg

go into your camera setup and change the default pixel size to a more friendly forum format.  Unless you actually taking photos suitable for 8 x 10 color glossies as the preferred new wallet size...you will constantly have to resize using paint or other online auto resizing host software...but then again, some of the new cameras has a high pixel count at the lowest setting...then you just plain had your hands tied...

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

go into your camera setup and change the default pixel size to a more friendly forum format.  Unless you actually taking photos suitable for 8 x 10 color glossies as the preferred new wallet size...you will constantly have to resize using paint or other online auto resizing host software...but then again, some of the new cameras has a high pixel count at the lowest setting...then you just plain had your hands tied...

It's my iPhone.

1 hour ago, Dennis46PU said:

You might have a lot of salvageable parts there.  I could use a rebuildable engine.  Looking at the background in your picture, you're a long ways away from me.  

Possibly, you have to realize I'm in upstate New York and we use salt on the roads...and a lot of it. Also, not sure how long these have been sitting out in the woods, missing/broken glass, windows down, doors ajar, open carburetor, beds full of rotting leaves and debris.

I'll be honest, I was leaning towards a rusty, ratty looking truck with a reconditioned chassis and drive line unless they were so shot (the drivelines) and then a 318.

To me, they are just too far gone to make them worth the effort.

Even my dog said they look 'Ruff. Ruff!'.

Even so, I would still like to save them, even as yard art with banjo music in the background.

As an aside; what is the difference between a banjo and an onion?

2 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

It's my iPhone.

No adice on iphones from me....I had a standard voice only phone till a couple months ago wife got me another phone, similar to my other (ruggedized for miliary use ) but with a phone....I can say this, I have never even cared to used it and to be honest with you not even so much as checked out how to use it...do not do text either got it blocked incoming and outgoing on the account.  Actually, I do but rarely will answer it...I never give the number out so I know its a junk call 10 to 1