Trouble Getting Out of Threads

Bingster

It might be my computer, but I am having trouble getting out of a thread and returning to the main forum page.  The little blue circle turns like it usually does when returning to a previous page, then stops, then turns again, on and on.  I have to leave the site and come back in. Anybody else having this problem?

If you’re using Internet Explorer, you’ll encounter problems due to incompatibility with this site’s software. I’ve encountered such, and was advised to use Microsoft’s Edge, which I do only for this site, but without locking up our computer.

had a few quirks yesterday pop up when trying to post a PM...got message that man could no longer receive any messages..sent a e-mail to check his box....reported he was at 52%....later it worked fine....

another instance I went to post a PM..page just returned to the forum....this happened twice...

1 minute ago, 48ply1stcar said:

If you are using MS Explorer, try something else Micro-soft and windows 10 really wants you to use Edge.  Also if you are using Wi-Fi try re-booting your router, leave it unplugged for a few minutes.

not a big fan of Edge but also hate the fact that they do no want you using Window explorer or other third party for that matter ...they did not give away window 10 without a reason....its a super GOTCHA

That’s our setup—Windows 10 with Internet Explorer, which works just fine everywhere—except here, which is why we have to use Edge. Our computer service guru set this up, since I’m electronically challenged (and I like being that way . . .). Also, we don’t use wireless communications for anything. We have a hi-speed telephone line (DSL) for Email/internet communications only.

Peter1938,

What??? What does that mean??? I may be a retired doctor, but when it comes to computers (I can use them, but that’s about it), you’d better talk to me like you would a first grader, and the first grader may grasp what you’re saying quicker than I would.

Bingster,

I can’t answer your question specifically, but I know when I first began coming to this site, I was using Internet Explorer with no problems. It was after the site’s software update that I encountered the problems with the site actually locking up our computer. The site guru said that the new software wasn’t completely compatible with Internet Explorer, and that I should try Edge. I did, and it works fine. Altho’, I don’t like it for general internet looking—we use Internet Explorer for that.

My head must still be in the 60's.

When I read your title, I thought you were having trouble getting undressed.

I do sometimes, I can barely reach my shoes anymore.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, De55 said:

My head must still be in the 60's.

When I read your title, I thought you were having trouble getting undressed.

I do sometimes, I can barely reach my shoes anymore.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Cookies I’ve heard of. But, breadcrumbs??? That’s a new one on me. Also, along these lines, I keep getting un-signed-in for some reason. For some reason, I sign in as usual, and it only lasts for a few minutes, then I’ve got to do it all over again. Reason???

Red arrow points to breadcrumb. Like the old fairy tale it's a path back to where you started when your in the forest.   

If your getting logged out, usually it means cookies are not enable or are corrupted and need to be deleted. Next time you log in it will be re-created. 

breadcrumb.jpg.eb8eac577baeadee08863d5a53defc85.jpg