Junk Yard Find

48oldwood

18 minutes ago, 48oldwood said:

I found this in an old yard that I bought cars from. This one is on the crush list but I thought I better show you guys. Located in Little Rock, AR. I found this marker in the trunk.

007.JPG

What kinda hubcaps are those?

That looks like a solid and almost complete 49 Dodge. I sure hope somebody saves it.

The only thing I see missing is the rear window.

That looks like a restorable car. The back window missing would be a concern because of moisture. At the very least it would be an excellent parts car. Looks like it even has a decent cloisonne hood emblem which are very hard to find. Hope someone pays the scrap price and saves some great parts at least. You could make a lot of money parting it out or move it on as a restoration project. 

5 minutes ago, 48oldwood said:

I may buy it but nothing is moving off this property till the rain stops for at least a couple of weeks with some heat to dry this marsh land up. Floor pans are holy.

Take LOTS of photos of anything pre-1960 you spot in there. Some of us may see something we just can't live without,or something we need to buy for parts.

3 hours ago, Robin (UK) said:

That looks very much like a British MkIV Zodiac hubcap.
If it is, that would be more of a mystery than the marker!

Ford Zodiac 1966 MkIV front.jpg

The caps in the trunk and actually the ones on this car too both look like 62 ford 

ford-classic-hubcaps-o4.jpg

• Like 1

Thought for a few seconds the marker said John Wesley Harden..  LOL   That would be a REAL find...Be nice to have a section here where members could post local junkyard photos of cars and their locations.

Edited by dale
addition
  • Like 1