Very disapointed......

BobK

3 hours ago, greg g said:

the transmission from the TATA mini bus in India is a bolt for bolt replacement and there are so many available that they are fifty bucks with free shipping

I'm in!

Do you have contact information or should I just do the Google?

This is great news!

3 hours ago, Roadkingcoupe said:

The more the moderators need to ref the site the more restrictive the site might become.

That would be a loss.

Agreed.

Edited by BigDaddyO

An excessive ego isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I knew a surgeon who had an ego that would barely fit into the hospital, much less a single room. He wouldn’t settle for anything less than being the best in his specialty. And, you know what? That’s just the kind of surgeon you want if you’re going “under the knife”, or a loved one of yours. We all want “The best”!!! So, there are situations/places where extreme egos are preferred, but this site isn’t one of them.

I, too, don’t make comments nearly as much as I used to. Ever since I was accused (falsely, I might add) of proffering misinformation (and I still have the same response to that accusation: “I didn’t write the damn book. I merely quoted information out of it. If [sic] an individual has an issue with the accuracy of the information, complain to the author . . .”). Were my feelings hurt? NO, not hardly—I just took into consideration the toxicity of the source of the comments, blocked the individual, so in essence—he no longer exists, and that was that.

And, I’m still doing things to our car, but like BobK, I’m not telling anyone about anything anymore, which equals no more toxic reactions. I’m a “work in progress”, transitioning from a semi-active commentator to a browser/reader, and rather-rarely commentator. Best regards to all . . .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrDoctor said:

An excessive ego isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I knew a surgeon who had an ego that would barely fit into the hospital, much less a single room. He wouldn’t settle for anything less than being the best in his specialty. And, you know what? That’s just the kind of surgeon you want if you’re going “under the knife”, or a loved one of yours. We all want “The best”!!! So, there are situations/places where extreme egos are preferred, but this site isn’t one of them.

I, too, don’t make comments nearly as much as I used to. Ever since I was accused (falsely, I might add) of proffering misinformation (and I still have the same response to that accusation: “I didn’t write the damn book. I merely quoted information out of it. If [sic] an individual has an issue with the accuracy of the information, complain to the author . . .”). Were my feelings hurt? NO, not hardly—I just took into consideration the toxicity of the source of the comments, blocked the individual, so in essence—he no longer exists, and that was that.

And, I’m still doing things to our car, but like BobK, I’m not telling anyone about anything anymore, which equals no more toxic reactions. I’m a “work in progress”, transitioning from a semi-active commentator to a browser/reader, and rather-rarely commentator. Best regards to all . . .

Curious why if you blocked the commenter you still changed your posting habits?

39 minutes ago, DrDoctor said:

That's too bad.

I too am disappointed. This site used to be a p15-d24  site, with a slight extension into Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge and other generations of Plymouth product. Now I am as likely to open a thread and see a Chevy Pickup or an argument why a part from an Ford or Chevy is a solution and defenders of Mopar 1st solutions are some how seen as bad guys.    Here is my question -  What would Walter Chrysler say ? 

No response required folks!

• Like 2

On 5/6/2017 at 6:28 AM, Bingster said:

I agree with Plymouthcran Brook.  I hesitate to ask help anymore because I know I won't pass muster and get past certain folks on here.  So I just watch and wait to see if my questions are answered by somebody else.  I will say that this site is about the only place in my life that can make me lose my cool "in public."  Criticism is fine if it has a constructive purpose. But it sounds very malicious for some.

If any of you feel this way please contact me directly at  p15-d24.com and include the name of those involved.

• Like 3

I still really enjoy the forum. I go to the car, truck, and OT forums just about every day. I still post a fair amount. I don't care what anyone thinks of me or my posts. If positive that is nice. If negative so be it. Like water off a duck.  Can't let other people affect what you think, post, the questions you ask, or how you work on your car. I've had run-ins with members, usually handled through PM's, that I get on with very well now. I have received a lot of help from this forum and its members and hopefully helped a few others myself. This is a wonderful forum so let's keep it that way!!

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 7

I've been following this thread, and the one about the transmissions. 

I see it this way - I follow a couple other forums for mainstream cars/trucks. They are generally cordial and respectful. With that said, You don't need to be overly creative when working on them because there are MILLIONS of them and parts are readily available. I am relatively new to 50's cars. While mine is mostly stock, I really enjoy seeing parts adapted from newer cars to these older cars to keep them on the road and/or make them safer. Let's face it - these cars are older, and on top of it, they're not a Ford or Chevy, so it's just that much harder to get parts. We need to be creative at times and adapt other parts from other makes (sounds similar to the basis of hot rodding).

What I'm seeing here is too much bickering, which is becoming stifling for some of these great ideas people are putting out! There's a lot of GREAT ideas that others would have never thought of! Unless it's inherently dangerous or could hurt someone, people should lay off.

There are times I would like to post, but hesitate because I'm not sure of the reaction. We should all be posting more, because the more information out there will help the next person. 

We should just be happy for each other that there are people keeping these cars on the road!

I've had a few responses to some of my posts that I'd really like to give the first comeback that comes to my mind.  But, most of the time I just ignore them.  Arguments have never changed anyone's mind about anything. People believe what they believe and treat it like it's written in stone.  I could care less what someone thinks about what I post. Some say it comes with age but, I've been that way all my life.  Someone pushing their ideas/thoughts/ways onto others really ticks me off so to keep it cool I keep my mouth shut.

• Like 2

Sadly, having to deal with the fallout of the reports, it isn't easy (especially as of late).  Remember, us mods are members too and also have day jobs that take lots of time and energy.  I've always said, keep it civil, and no bullying.  We are all big kids and should be able to behave.

Earlier, I made an Opinion/Editorial regarding this subject, wherein I commend the Webmaster for his unenviable position. Well, the same sentiment applies to the moderators. Sorry for my inadvertent omission of them. Thank you for doing a difficult task with little/no acknowledgement/appreciation. And, again, I’ll stop right here.

• Like 2

You have to remember the old old timers who really know these cars are naturally cranky and should be given some leeway...:)

• Like 6

Dale,

While I think I have an idea where you’re coming from, with all due respect, I’m afraid I’ll have to disagree with you on that. Being old doesn’t give one license to be obnoxious. Civility should know no age limits. Thx.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dale said:

You have to remember the old old timers who really know these cars are naturally cranky and should be given some leeway...:)

Too bad we can't all get together for a rousing rendition of Kumbaya .... ;)

T120,

While I’ll admit to being an “old guy”, with some significant mileage on me (I might add . . .), I’ll have to confess to not knowing the particular thing (Kumbaya) that you’re referring to. I’m going to go out on a limb here, and make the guess that it’s a song? Yes?

Duke/41P11Coupe.........welcome to the best mopar forum on the net.........these guys know their stuff and are a real family...........and like most families sometimes there is the odd discussion that not everyone agrees with but, its o/k...........lol..................I've been playing with 1940 Dodges since 1969 when I bought my 1st Oz 9140 Dodge Coupe and I'm still happy to say I am learning things from these guys all the time................sometimes I can help others too.........its all good.........lol..........again welcome, from sunny Sth Grafton NSW Australia.........Andy Douglas 

Edited by Andydodge

10 hours ago, dale said:

You have to remember the emojis are part of the message. They add the inflections to the typed words. This was said in fun.