Ethanol-free Gas in Ft. Worth, TX Area

Matt Wilson

Does anyone know of a source for ethanol-free gas in the Ft. Worth area?  Better yet, some place near Keller or Hurst, but anywhere in the area is fine.

I've done searches online, but when I called those places to verify, they either said they didn't have it, or they didn't answer, or the number listed was a wrong number.

I could drive to all these places and see for myself, but I'd rather not kill a day doing that.

Thanks.

Here's a link to a site that list different stations in TX, as well as other states that sell ethanol free gas.

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX

I did some research on this in my area of MA and found one station closest to me wanted $75 for 5 gallons of "pure" gas. That's way more than i was willing to pay. So i've stuck with the regular ethanol blended fuel from the pump.

-Chris

Thanks for the reply, Chris.  I've tried that website, and another one, and the closest place I found was 20 miles from my house, and the next closest one was 50 miles away.  Just not practical.  I don't really mind using E10 (10% ethanol) at my nearby pumps, and I know plenty of other people who haven't had any significant issues with them, either, even on these old vehicles, but it would be good to know where I can find some.

I worked for a gas/oil pipeline company for many years.  Suppliers are allowed to mix ethanol into *any* blend of gasoline and they're not allowed to tell anyone they did it as long as the amount of ethanol is 10% or less.

Premium is much less likely to have 10% ethanol, although they do sometimes still use it, but usually a lower percentage. Some states even require that premium gas contain zero ethanol, but I'm not sure if Texas is one of them.  This is why I always buy premium for my small engine yard tools like lawnmower, chainsaw, weed-eater, etc.

Edited by Mortimer452

I’ve been using two additives in 10% ethanol fuel. One effectively eliminates the problem with ethanol, and the other is just a lead additive. A source for ethanol-free fuel is a fuel station at a marina, because they don’t have the same restrictions as fuel stations for cars. Either alternative would work.

I pay $2.45/US Gallon for Ethanol Free Regular 87 Octane 7 miles from my house. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Or Dump about 8-10 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in your gas each time you fill up. It keeps the gas from boiling over in hot weather.

Sort of ameliorates the crap ethanol in the gas.

1952b3b23 if anyone ever offered me gas for $75 for 5 gallons of pure gas, I would cold cock knock them into next week.

What kind of Creeps are out there for God's sake.

Tom Skinner

Huntersville, North Carolina

Tom,

While I don’t pay that much for fuel in the state where I reside, I’d gladly pay $2.45 per gallon for fuel with no ethanol. Around here, a marina is the only place that can/does dispense non-ethanol fuel. Just run your boat up to the dock pump, and you’re good to go. However, I don’t own a boat (just a hole in the water, but that’s just my opinion . . .), you can get limited quantities (5 to 10 gallons, depending on dealer) in gas cans, by telling them you have a boat elsewhere, without any questions. But, I live many miles from the nearest marina, and I’m not too keen on traveling that distance with gas cans in my trunk (I also don’t own a pickup truck). So, given the circumstances here, the additives I alluded to earlier is really the only viable/convenient alternative.

In Alberta, Canada, the pumps indicating 87 and 89 octane MAY contain ethanol. Premium (91 octane) does not. My old cars run on premium for that reason. Nearest station is a couple of blocks away. 

Edited by RobertKB
Verb tense