Got the time?

grady hawkins

I found a NOS d24 clock on e-bay but  it was priced over $500 dollars! I decided to remove the clock and install a quartz movement which cost less than ten dollars. A slight modification with a cut off to make room for the Quartz movement and put the clock back in the car. The double A battery should last a year or more and the clock is accurate with in a few seconds a year.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0135 (2).JPG

• Like 11

Grady.........your clock was accurate a few seconds each year!!.......lol........oops, couldn't help myself, good job actually........lol.........reminds me of when I was looking for a clock for my 1941 Plymouth.........there was a NOS one advertised for $7-800.00............I **** myself.........lol.............but the listing had a few excellent pics so I downloaded a couple, cut one to the right size, glued it behind a piece of clear plastic and mounted it where the clock was to go on the dash......told great time, well at least was correct twice a day and fooled quite a few people...........but yours is neat..............andyd

• Like 1