airtex 73201 fuel pump problem...

bluefoxamazone

hello!

I have just finished with banging my head to the wall for fifteen minutes...

While installing a brandnew airtex mechanical pump, I broke the glass bowl, damned...

Is there someone on this forum that has something like that laying around in his shed, or do I really have to buy a new pump, knowing that until this pump is here on the other side of the globe, it will cost me a limb.

any help is highly appreciated,

Franky

airtex 73201 bulb.jpg

The first question is did you have a glass bowl on your old FP that you took off the car?  If you did then the same glass bowl and gasket should work on the New Airtex FP. The original FP was a 588 and this is the same pump as the 588 but just renumbered by airtex.  Give that a try and let us know if it fits.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

thanks for the replies dear friends! Yes I have a John Deere company near by but since the "old" glass is broken I have no sizes to compare. It will be trial and error I guess...

And to reply to Mr Hartung, the old pump had no bowl, otherwise my problem would have been no problem:D.

thanks for thinking with me..

Now I just saw that Rockauto carries a glas bowl, dono if it will fit my pump...