Mopar battery

chrysler1941

Never...

You have my attention!  I know where to find the 12 VDC & the decorated cover that slides over 12 VDC batteries to fake the funk so to speak.  But I never have seen a 6 VDC version. I would like to know if this product exists.

4 minutes ago, classiccarjack said:

You have my attention!  I know where to find the 12 VDC & the decorated cover that slides over 12 VDC batteries to fake the funk so to speak.  But I never have seen a 6 VDC version. I would like to know if this product exists.

I do hope so. Copy of Chrysler 1936-42 part list

bat.PNG

I have seen MoPar fake battery covers... .fit 6 and 12 volt.

I have never seen the OE battery or any thing that looks close and as cool as the original equipment battery as shown above.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I have seen MoPar fake battery covers... .fit 6 and 12 volt.

I have never seen the OE battery or any thing that looks close and as cool as the original equipment battery as shown above.

Good we're on the same page. It's so neat I want to reproduce it somehow

4 minutes ago, chrysler1941 said:

Good we're on the same page. It's so neat I want to reproduce it somehow

You might be onto a fun little business venture...  Hmmmm

I like this Idea.

1 hour ago, chrysler1941 said:

Absolute gorgeous. Now who would thought the had a yellow edge. Thank you very much

you are welcome.  This is why I collect the older literature when I find it at the swap meets and also Hershey.  I found the whole lot of 1939 Desoto accessory Sheets and service bulletins at last years Hershey event.  o you never know what you are going to find and the information is so valuable.

Rich Hartung

7 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

here is page 3. Hope this is useful information. Also Wilalrd was a battery that Chrysler used for some of their cars. i know a willard was used inmy 39 Desoto.

MoPar Batteries p 3.docx

Thank you Desoto1939

9 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

Here are the factory accessoroes sheets regarding the original MoPar Batteries.  There are three pages

Rich Hartung

MoPar Batteries p 1.docx

MoPar Batteries p 2.docx

I love the way they differentiated the "large cars" andb "other large cars" on the description of  battery #5 and #6.  Lol

Edited by 40desoto
Wrong references

• 3 years later...

So my battery finally gave up last year and now I can get back after some 4 year with the OEM battery fabrication. 

Bought an Exide EU140-6 which is available here and has flat sides. 

Made arrangements with friends, one is a carpenter and another who owns a vinyl wrap sticker company. They both think I'm insane but I already knew that. ?

Carpenter will produce ribbed wavy moldings(probably wrong word) and glue them to battery side. He'll also make the 2 pieces behind logos.

Vinyl guy will wrap it, carefully pressing it into contours.

Thanks to desoto1939 I worked on the layout and this is what I came up with. This took some time to do.

Also I'm not sure of the yellow color. I wonder it it's an artist drawing. Is this yellow used elsewhere with MoPar? Any ideas?

Dok1.png

Side.png

Edited by chrysler1941
  • Like 2

The dealership I worked for in the 60s had a Mopar battery Merchandiser standing in front of the parts counter.  They had Mopar labeled 6 v group 1 similar to the ones above but they had red stripe on the yellow portions.  The 12volt had the forward look design on them. This was in the mid 60s.  My dads 54 Meadowbrook had the Mopar logoed battery in it.  It also had a Mopar labeled jiffy jet windshield washer set up. The one with the foot pump and the plastic bag that looked like an IV bag.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-MOPAR-JIFFY-JET-WINDSHIELD-WASHER-FLUID-BAG/184531632728?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184531632728&targetid=1068323852870&device=t&mktype=pla&googleloc=9005095&campaignid=11615792065&mkgroupid=114626994193&rlsatarget=pla-1068323852870&abcId=9300456&merchantid=101491398&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpYbgjo-I8AIVB4TICh0p-AGUEAQYCCABEgLjNvD_BwE&pageci=f901d15a-6e56-489d-b121-bedbbba5c295&redirect=mobile

Edited by greg g
  • Thanks 1