Brake Lights at the Tail Light Housings/Directionals

Tom Skinner

Greg G,

Yes I had to add a socket to each taillight housing and splice into the brake light wire to accomplish this. I originally only had a center brake light with tail lights for directional use only. The Tail Light sockets are 2 pole with 1158 bulbs, the brake light is single pole with 1129 bulbs - all 16 gauge wiring.

Tom

• 6 years later...
On 4/15/2017 at 10:07 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

you need only to update your sockets to the twin pigtail be sure to index them correctly for a Mopar also as you socket is not indexed for orientation..make mental note of what element is contacting what wire when inserting bulb else your brakes/turn could dim on one side bright on the other and different flash rates...(current load dictates flash rat on the flasher).....depending on the turn signal switch you have on hand, you run the brake light through the signal switch as usually show on your install instructions as an additional wire off the stop light switch,and it controls the left right flash/brake light operation..to continue using the stop light that is center on your trunk, keep the dedicated wire from the stop light switch to this fixture.

It has been some time since you posted this but just what I needed to help me understand what I will need to add blinkers and also have stop lights running on all three. I'm sure when I get to this point I'll have additional questions, but for now this helps. 

• Like 1