Red "Fluid Drive" script

Mikemomd

Take a look at the inexpensive nail polish in the local drug store.  Been using black nail polish for stone chips for years.  The old Testors hobby paints just plain red was pretty close if I recall correctly. You might want to take a trip to the local body shop supply place and pick up a chrome scratch pen.  It has a small pen like point made of several small strands of a fiber glass material.  Scratching the surface provide a better bite for the color.  Be very carefully using this thing.  Eye protection gloves and dust mask are necessary as its use releases very irritating particals of the abrasive.  You do not want to get it in sensitive places.

• Like 2

Whew!  Greg mentioned "old Testors hobby paints" and I thought two things, one - I'm old, two - there goes a good brand.  But, they're still around.  Their 1/4 oz. bottles are perfect for little jobs like painting script and detailing.  The paint is enamel, and flows really well.  The small brushes that are also perfect for this are usually right there with the paints.  I have a bottle of the plain old red that I used to paint the "Fluid Drive" script on our D24, good contrast with the light grey the car is painted.  But, it's 20 years old now, probably dried up.  Testors makes an enamel paint marker now, too.  Haven't tried it, but sounds like a viable option.  

• Like 1