52 b3d "Little Blue Truck"

25 minutes ago, bkahler said:

Interesting, plastic escutcheons.  

Up until I read “plastic” in the parts manual, I always considered them a vinyl with a metal disc between the handle and vinyl 

I agree with GGDad, I always thought it was a “regional thing” associated with the door card. 

The 51 I pulled metal ones from, was a 5 window, without the door cards. But the other 3 and 5 window cabs with the original door card that had the “two lines” in the cards, had the “plastic” escutcheons (unlike FEFF’s original pattern door cards) 

sorry JPartington for geeking out on the escutcheons ?

52 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

Could be regional, here in Texas we put the junk on the drivers side, put the good stuff on the passenger side for the misses.  ? ? ?

0914211608.jpg

0914211609.jpg

Lol, No kiddin, I would have thought in Texas the door handle on the passenger side would have been missing altogether so she couldn’t get away ?

”bow chicka wow wow” ?

• Haha 2

I've seen both the plastic and chrome and kinda figured usage was driven by a combination of parts availability and cost savings.  These details aren't explicitly listed on the build cards, so who knows how this was optioned out at the factory.  The B-1 / B-2 escutcheons are a different size so even though they will fit on the later doors, they'll be mismatched with the B-3 / B-4 door handles.  

additional information - B-3 door escutcheons (chrome)

additional information - B-4 door escutcheons (plastic)

• 8 months later...
On 9/1/2021 at 3:11 PM, jpartington said:

Thanks so much for the info.

I also ended up finding these.

do these look right also?

97F8F600-9D69-49A3-85B6-0AE70FE4B231.png

On 9/1/2021 at 3:24 PM, ggdad1951 said:

VPW has them I believe tho

image.png.a3753d3f9471ae05a0f538d82081777d.png

So which one of these clips would be correct for a 51 B3B ?

On 5/28/2022 at 4:02 PM, bkahler said:

So which one of these clips would be correct for a 51 B3B ?

VPW.  The other ones won't clip into the window channel (90° wrong).

image.png.868d351806fc93887ead91f1c2ea4ecc.png

The reason I wasn't sure is my doors look like they could accommodate the clips that have the clips that are 90 degrees to the track.  You can see in the picture below why.

20220530_124222.jpg.49022d8be0f352b09489b6d2f55de49d.jpg

Yesterday I stopped by the painters to pick up a rattle can filled with the green paint and he gave me the one clip he happened to find still attached to the door.  Turns out it's the style sold by Vintage Power Wagons.  So I can confirm Mark's guidance as to which clips are correct for the B3 doors.

So I'll be ordering 8 clips from Vintage Power Wagons later today :)

cool, I've only seen the ones that go in the holes in the bridges as they slide in along the trck, I don't know how you'd spin in the ones that would go in with the other method, doesn't look like room, unless they slide in?

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

cool, I've only seen the ones that go in the holes in the bridges as they slide in along the trck, I don't know how you'd spin in the ones that would go in with the other method, doesn't look like room, unless they slide in?

I think my car used the ones that were sideways 

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I'm guessing they slide in.  

I would assume the ones sold by Vintage Power Wagons fit into the slot at the right shown in the picture on the below?

20220530_104831.jpg.8543e51bac561eec9d09d8c487f4ed15.jpg

2 hours ago, bkahler said:

I'm guessing they slide in.  

I would assume the ones sold by Vintage Power Wagons fit into the slot at the right shown in the picture on the below?

20220530_104831.jpg.8543e51bac561eec9d09d8c487f4ed15.jpg

yah every one I've ever taken off a truck lived in slots, I've never seen those slide in ones.