Offy dual intake

t-bag

Working on my eBay bought dual carb manifold with limited directions and was wondering if one of those threaded holes on the side of the manifold is for the hookup for the vacume wipers. Possible the hole closest to the fire wall. Thanks 

Uncle pekka and Casper yours is the same as mine. Is it water cooled? I didn't think it was. Do I get my vacume hook up from the threaded hole on the side towards the rear? Thanks for the help

For the windshield wippers

Moose, from this site made them for me.  They do clear the stock fuel pump but just barely.  If you ask him to make you a set I'd ask to have more clearance built in.  I misspoke above and said cooling but meant heating.  It basicly prevents icing of the carb/carbs. 

I installed the same offy intake three years ago.  Spliced the coolant line to the intake heater, started the engine and water poured out of the "freeze plugs".  Disconnected the coolant line and never bothered trying to correct the leaky plugs.  The car starts, and runs like a champ without it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting ready to install manifold will look for those leaks. Thanks for that info from Langdon . have read before that the water was needed for proper operation. Will deal with leaks when they show their ugley face.

Either of the  threaded ports facing the fender will accept a fitting for the wipers.  Both will need to be plugged to get the engine to run. If you are not planning to drive your car when it is below freezing, the heating is not a big issue. I have been running a Fenton intake for 12 years with no connection to the exhaust heat riser, and the riser welded in the direct flow position with zero concern even on some 20 degree mornings.  I do have my heater return line zip tied to the side of the intake.  Obviously the heater supply valve needs to be open for this to provide any heat.

• Like 1