Mechanical Tach drive for 218-230 Flathead?

Earlsworkshop

Can anyone tell me if there ever was a distributor with a mechanical tachometer drive available for the Dodge/Plymouth 218 or 230 Flathead six? 

I can't find anything that suggests cars or light trucks ever had one. Maybe from marine, military or industrial applications.  I've Googled every possible combination of the phrase but haven't found anything definite.

I found a really nice mechanical tachometer that would be great in my '36 Dodge, but can't locate a drive.

My Dodge is the original S/N block, will have a 230 crank and rods, Edgy Head and Dual Carb manifold, Dual tube exhaust headers and a '94 Mustang T5 with 4.11 gears. I'm running the stock 6V Positive ground system. 

I have an Austin Healey Sprite that originally had a mechanical tach driven by a cable connected to the rear of the generator.  There may have been other Healey's and MG's of the lre 50's early 60's that also had that set up.

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32995

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...