48Dodger: My apologies to members looking for parts

48Dodger

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to the guys who have been trying to get parts form me this last year....I've been pulled from so many different directions and have had a few life changes at home. Before as a single man (a widower actually) I was able to drown myself in everything Dodge related, stay up really late and sleep in on my days off.....for years!!!!!! Since getting married, to a super fantastic woman who took the time to restore me, It seems like I have been reinventing myself. In a good way of course. But that has come with a few sacrifices, and hopefully I'll be able to play with my spare parts soon. After months of work, we finally sold her house. It was a huge undertaking involving several remolding projects and repair work, but it paid off. That of course led to a dream of mine to own a building in town (clements, ca) to have a business that deals with vehicles. She has embraced that dream too, and now we own a building I've had my eye on since 2009. It took some fancy foot work to get from point A to point B.....but all that paperwork, phone calling, meetings, more paperwork, sweating, more phone calling......etc. again, it paid off. We now own that building!! Today will be our first day with the keys. Its been a new beginning for me since the first time I laid eyes on my wife and I feel very, very fortunate! Digging through the yard parts, pulling suff that guys really need, is a lot of fun work......soon I will be back doing that, but right now I'm enjoying the changes in my life and hope it keeps going. After working more than 30 years for "the man"....it will be fun trying out the other side of the desk...lol. It will be a slow transition from my current job, but I'm looking forward to the adventure.

48D

• Like 14

Tim, no apology needed. It is a true pleasure to know you and the growing number of friends from the BBQ. See you in a couple of weeks.  My left knee went out, scheduled for replacement surgery April 18, but I have a VERY sore and nearly useless leg. Chow!

• Like 1

Wow, congrats on your new property! So that means you're walking distance to the W, probably...

Did you get an old shop or something?

Looking forward to hearing more about it...see you soon!

BTW got a 440 to sell? lol

• Like 1

Tim, is it one of the classic old buildings in Clements along highway 26? or close to it? ;) Hope so, they are nice old buildings!

DJ

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

Wow, congrats on your new property! So that means you're walking distance to the W, probably...

Did you get an old shop or something?

Looking forward to hearing more about it...see you soon!

BTW got a 440 to sell? lol

Yes...Western Burger is right across the Highway! They used to be an A&W, but when those guys got greedy, they family cut ties and renamed it.......sadly no 440s I'm letting go of...:D  

15 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Tim, is it one of the classic old buildings in Clements along highway 26? or close to it? ;) Hope so, they are nice old buildings!

DJ

I wish, but nope.....its an office building I plan on MAKING look like some of the old brick buildings located here. Its a Mom and Pop car business so we can sell cars, parts and man-cave stuff. We have the dealers license as well as the retail license for parts.....certainly will be a lot of work, but I'm ready for it! :) 

• Like 2

I wish you luck with your endeavor, maybe you'll be selling something I need. Let me know, congrads on finding that great partner. Don't know what I would do without mine.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new venture in life.  Keep it an honest business that gives service beyond the sale and you and your wife will do great.  The best advise I was given 30 years ago when I started up was "You can do 10 good things and 1 person will find out about it, but if you do one bad thing, 100 people will find out about it."

Todd B 

• Like 2