Crankcase Ventilation

I'm tired of smelling hot motor oil fumes. Has anyone modified their flathead with a positive crankcase ventilation setup? I was wondering if there are dedicated parts for this conversion out there, or if it's done on your own with common plumbing supplies. Thanks.

You might want to ascertain what is causing the blow by before you apply a band aide to the problem.  Oil fumes and water vapor should be coming out the road draft tube, not out of the filler tube breather.  Excessive out flow there suggests compression leakage into the crankcase, likely due to worn or broken rings. Applying hardware to suck the fumes into the intake manifold mays ease olfactory distress, but doesn't address the cause.

• Like 1

The fumes are definitely coming out of the "road draft tube." The rusted-out cab floor doesn't help the situation. I'm repairing that soon. It still makes for a smelly, ol' truck to anyone around it.

Well it would have been nice to know you were talking about odor coming through a rotted floor.  It wouldn't have changed my answer, as it still applies, but it would a have been nice.....

So patchy the floor, then fix the problem.

1 hour ago, Buttiman53 said:

The fumes are definitely coming out of the "road draft tube." The rusted-out cab floor doesn't help the situation. I'm repairing that soon. It still makes for a smelly, ol' truck to anyone around it.

They are supposed to smell like that.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I know they're suppose to smell like that. It's just that my truck is a daily driver, taking me to work each and every day. And though everyone think it's a cool ride, a lot comment on the recognizable odor whenever it's around. Jury's still out on whether I will address it or not. I appreciate the advice to check if there's excessive blow-by going on. I suspect not, but need to confirm it.

Much thanks to Alshere59 and JBNeal for their references. Exactly what I wanted to know.