New to the forum.

Dmac2590

On 3/11/2017 at 1:09 AM, Dmac2590 said:

Thanks for all the feedback.  I ordered the parts manual. And a restoration manual for the car.  It's in good shape just need to get the engine in order and clean the interior.  All the lights work, turn signals and all.   I practicality stole the car for what I paid for it. 

Unless you have a solid understanding of pre-war car mechanics,you really need to also buy a Motors Auto Repair Manual that covers 1948 cars.

Trust me on this.

47 minutes ago, Dmac2590 said:

20170315_153607.jpg.5a94b143d4e820c816bfbe6ee07618cd.jpg

Hmmm,I suggest you check out the local chrome shops and see if any of the owners have a daughter of marriageable age,and then marry her. Divorce is cheap these days,chrome ain't.

It'll buff out - Joe Dirt.   It's not in that bad of shape.  I've seen alot worse.  I'll deal with the chrome later.  I just want to get the sheet metal fixed, safe and drive able right now.

• Like 1

Be sure and do what I didn't, at least not enough.  In my eagerness to get working, I now have a lot of fasteners that I have to look through books and photos to identify. And I didn't take photos prior to when I took a part off.  I'm being a lot more careful now in cataloging parts.

Yeah I learned my lesson with my monte carlo.  I lost alot of nuts and bolts and ended up buying the whole kit.  It wasn't cheap.  Now I have a lot of those plastic fishing boxes that I use for small parts and lots and lots of masking tape.