right hand drive

justold

I do know that up to 38 they were the same and possibly 39 with a different lid.  After that, a parts manual may reveal if there is a case with the selector mounted on the r h s     Chances are there is..

As far as I am aware all 3 speed manual trans were the same as the US including the overdrive ones  at least up to the into of the 1957 Oz Chrysler Royals........ when it gets VERY STRANGE...lol...........it seems that both 23"(230) and 25" (250)engines were available as well as the 313 Poly and the 3 gearbox choices, 3 speed manual, 3 speed manual with overdrive and Powerflite auto........if you wanted a standard 3 speed then you got the 230 engine, that's what Chrysler put in front of the standard Chrysler Royal trans.....if you wanted a 3 speed with overdrive or a Powerflite auto then you got given the 250 engine and if you wanted a V8  then you had a choice of one, the powerflite as NO manual trans of either sort was available behind a V8 except in the big trucks from the early 60s.................the trans linkage used a cable and a shaft that ran under the bellhousing from the RH side to the US drivers side then a linkage back to the normal USA linkages on the US drivers side of the gearbox.............this was from late 1939 up to 1956.............however it appears that Chrysler in OZ for the 1957-62 Chrysler Royals had a gearbox caseing made up that used the shift linkages on the Oz Drivers side, ie these linkages went straight down from the steering column/firewall area to the Oz drivers side, in a similar fashion to the US version........this gearbox DID NOT HAVE the handbrake attached to it these manual trans cars had a handbrake setup on each rear backing plate and worked on the rear brake drum........but the overdrive trans & auto equipped cars DID have the trans mounted handbrake..................I used to have one of these 3 speed standard Chrysler Royal gearboxes however it went with the 41 Plymouth when I sold it, however the 1957 Chrysler Royal shop manual has a separate mention and pic of the rear handbrake setup..........but no mention of the right hand shift linkaged gearbox as it was a mirror image of the LHD one already shown in the workshop manual.............dunno if all this makes sense................lol................andyd        

• Like 2

RHD and LHD have the same geatboxs, my 51 dodge is RHD and I had to find a cross over linkage for the gearshift control rod to work and the cable comes from the gear change on the column. I can send you some photos of the crossover linkage when it arrives if that helps ?