floor work on 1970 Fury

jcmiller

I've been working on the floor of my Fury all winter.  I just put down the topcoat last weekend. I'm pretty happy with the result.  Here are a couple before and after pics.

2016-09-10 17.08.30r2.jpg

2016-05-13 20.46.55r.jpg

2016-10-25 20.30.28r2.jpg

2017-03-04 17.34.55r.jpg

2017-03-04 17.35.15r.jpg

Edited by jcmiller
  • Like 2

Nice job.  My son had a 1969 Fury for a short time, really wanted an old musclecar for his first car, this was back in probably 2007-2008.

Pretty base model, 2dr, bench seats, no AC but had a 383.  Replacing the carpet and cleaning up the floorpans was one of the first things we did to it.  Fun times, but I think I enjoyed it a lot more than him, after about a year or so, he decided driving a 40-year-old car just wasn't his thing, too much work.  Gas was also close to $4/gal back then so I'm sure that played a part, having a 383.

I warned him he'd regret selling it, but we did anyway, now he drives something more economical.  Now, 10 years later, finally on his own and making some money, he's looking for another Fury III . . .

I'm in the same boat as your son.  I regret selling my first car, a 1970 Barracuda.  After I started making some money, I wanted it back but found they are too expensive.  That is how I ended up with the 1942 Plymouth instead, and now this Fury!  Not Barracudas, but I am enjoying the green interior of the Fury because the Barracuda was also green.