230 fuel pump

Guest Dodge Joe

Guest Dodge Joe

I got a 1960 Dodge pickup with a 230 engine. I know it is not a pilot truck but with the 230 engine maybe I can get some help. The fuel pump went bad so I order one from Roberts. Mine had a straight shaft for the pump and the one they sent me had a 90 shaft. Ques. is, is there any difference between fuel pumps on car or a truck and why is there a difference? My old pump did not have a glass bowl,the new one did.

Is this what you meant by straight vs. bent? If so you can remove the cover and index it the way you need it.

P7260231.jpg

Or are you refering to the shape of the arm that contacts the cam? If that is different than you have the wrong pump for sure. Try taking the pump to Napa or your local part store. They can probably get one for you. They may be able to cross reference any numbers on the old one.

Merle

Guest Dodge Joe

Merle, It was the shape of the arm. Mine was straight and the one Roberts sent me was about a 90. I called them and gave them my engine number TP-23 5-11. They sent me one like I had, but on there invoice it said it was for a car. So why is there a difference and could I have a car engine?