Interior door Handel spring

t-bag

On my 1937 ply interior door Handel does that large spring go behind the door panel or does it just push on the round chrome trim. Also does the large die or small dia of the spring face towards the inside of the car. Making new door panels and didn't take picture before taking it apart.  Thanks

it goes between the door metal and the door panel...its purpose is to keep a tad of even pressure on the door panel to the door/wiper handle..

edit....the small end on the door metal..the large end against the door card/panel..else it would easily distort and enlarge the hole the handle goes through...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I first slide in a small diameter wire to get everything lined up and held in place. Then, while pushing hard against the panel,  push in the pin against the end of the wire (pin goes in, wire slides out). Not at all easy but I just did mine this way.

Phil

Finally got the handle problem fixed. The problem was me didn't have the holes big enough in the panel to allow the handle to recess when you tried to put the pin in. Made them larger problem solved .  thanks again