Sun Visor

JPP

Back in the day ... ya all wanted what you got.

The visor was something your Grandpa ran. Nothing wrong with it.

The kids were embarrassed to have such a abomination on the windshield..

Not saying I am correct, just saying if you were a hot rodder in the 50's the visor was for your Grandpas car not yours.

So while we touch bases on the visor ... just not really important.

23 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Back in the day ... ya all wanted what you got.

The visor was something your Grandpa ran. Nothing wrong with it.

The kids were embarrassed to have such a abomination on the windshield..

Not saying I am correct, just saying if you were a hot rodder in the 50's the visor was for your Grandpas car not yours.

So while we touch bases on the visor ... just not really important.

Interesting info. I never knew that. My other non MoPar has a polished ribbed stainless steel Peckat Comet Skyshield visor.

1 hour ago, chrysler1941 said:

Interesting info. I never knew that. My other non MoPar has a polished ribbed stainless steel Peckat Comet Skyshield visor.

Thats just someones opinion. We are all entitled to have our own opinion.

My Uncle born in 1928 that passed away a couple years ago told me that.

He would tell me about the days he would skip school, get Aunt Jennies attention and drag her out and they would take the model A out driving all day.

High school sweet hearts that were married for over 50 years til death.

The story about the old ford with mechanical brakes and they installed a flathead v8 ford in it. Couple of 16 year old kids, scared the crap out of them ... that car would run but the brakes were non existent. I sure miss the times I had with him telling me stories about the past.

So let me explain, when I said the statement above, I was kinda sharing a story my Uncle told me and his opinion.

Was tough times back then, they were buying cars for $5 or $50, trying to make them go fast ... the visor would slow you down.

And it really was his opinion, that the visor should stay on the Grandpa's car ... not a Hot Rod.

But later on in the 50's or 60's they got popular. But back in the day, the kids did not think much about them, threw them in the iron pile.

Again your car and you do you. I apologize for sharing a story from my Uncle ... actually brought tears to my eyes thinking about him.

His nick name was Grumpy .... and thats what Grumpy would tell you   :)