The Plan - '46 Dodge

M.Klapp

On 4/28/2017 at 9:16 AM, The Oil Soup said:

2. That would be the road draft tube, can be modified to a pcv system. The "unused motor mount" should be your oil pump. I think there is a breaker on the end of the light switch.

Any info on the PCV conversion?  If not, I'll search.  And, one the "Motor Mount", I was thinking that could be a power take off, but  Oil Pump hadn't occurred to me, but that makes sense.  Thank you!

On 4/28/2017 at 1:14 PM, jpartington said:

Lights should work without truck running. The battery is directly connected to the starter so that's why the starter will for sure crank. As for the rest of the electronics, there should be 1 main wire that runs from the battery terminal on the starter to the back of the ammeter (if it is wired the same as a 52 that is) this wire jumps from the ammeter to the ignition switch I believe and it is always hot. This is where the power to all other electronics comes from. If there is a break in any of these wires no power will get to anything else. If you have not already done so looking over all wiring is definately a good idea. These old trucks didn't have much wiring so it really does not take that long. When I got my truck that's one of the first things I did. I got a wiring diagram and restored all wiring back to stock. I found a couple large bare spots under the dash and a couple breaks in wires. 

I plan on tracing all these wires, its a bit of a hodge podge to sat the least.  Thanks for the info.

M  

• 3 weeks later...

OK, got the fuel pump off today, and dropped in the borescope and not sure what I've found, so need a bit of help.  Can't really tell what the 251 rod bolts look like from Don's picture, and I'm not 100% sure these match with the 265 rod bolts.  I want to believe its a 265, but I'm looking for a little confirmation.  

So, what are your thoughts?  And, sorry for the crap pics, no SD card for the borescope, so had to take a pic of the screen.

IMG_8807.JPG.jpeg

• 3 months later...