Size of a B-2-PW oil pam ?

paulseed

The reason I seek a B-2-PW Pan is to replace my pan that is on a 53 Plymouth engine so that it will fit above a new frame cross member needed to install an independent front suspension. My Plymouth engine (P24*531712 motor # stamp and A2.2.53 cast on the block) was in the Dodge B-2-B truck when I got it.

Looking at a picture of a side sectional view of the L-6 engine, the Plymouth and the Power Wagon of that era had their pan sump at the rear of the engine. However my Plymouth's pan sump starts its curve down to form the sump at about 12 inch back from the forward edge of the pan in The 1950 “Dodge Truck Shop Manual B-2 series” on page 175 a side sectional view of a B-2-PW looks as if it starts its sump curve just aft of the midpoint between crankshaft bearings # 2 and 3.

so if a PW pan measures about 15 inch from the forward edge of the pan to the start of the curve down for the sump it may fit. Any one have an idea on this?

Paulseed,

Here's a 230 c.i. M37 engine I recently removed from a Power Wagon. The engine # starts with T245. Is this the type of pan you are looking for. The engine is not for sale but this might help in your search. The downward curve starts at about 11" from the front lip of the pan. It would be my guess that even the longer 251 or 265 engines wouldn't start the downward turn to the sump at 15" or the sump would be too small. Just my guess.

MVC-014F.jpg

I will use the pic to ck it out