1952 Dodge B-3-GA help

Guest wrightkoss

Guest wrightkoss

Don - Your help is needed for another stupid question! Which wires hook up to the coil resistor. I see your photo and that helps but is it the positive or the negative wire? Any additional information on wires that you can assist with? THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Don - Your help is needed for another stupid question! Which wires hook up to the coil resistor. I see your photo and that helps but is it the positive or the negative wire? Any additional information on wires that you can assist with? THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Tiffany;

I assume you are going with a 12 volt negative ground system. All wires will run the same as this diaghram with the exception of the generator/regulator wiring. Connect the #10 red wire (shown here running from the generator to the regulator "A" terminal) to the large terminal on your alternator and to the "A" terminal on your regulator. Remove and discard the #16 green wire running from the generator to the regulator. Remove all wires from the "B" terminal on your regulator and move them to the "A" terminal with the wire from your alternator. You may have to install an "exciter" wire on your alternator but we can deal with that later. As you are reversing polarity you will need to swap the wires on the back of your ammeter. Connect the (-) wires to the (+) side and the (+) side wires to the (-) side.

Next go to your ignition coil. Swap the wires same as you did on the ammeter. (-) to (+) and (+) to (-). Replace all lamps with 12 volt equivelents. Install a voltage reduction device on your fuel gauge. Your heater fan will run on 12 volts for now but you may want to replace the motor with a 12 volt version later. Install your ballast resistor between the ignition switch and the ignition coil. When you install your 12 volt battery make sure the (-) wire goes to the engine block and the (+) wire goes to the starter solenoid. You should be good to go.

el004.jpg

Okay so this alternator has an internal regulator and is only a one wire alternator... Just take out all of the regulator wires or???

Read my previous post. I believe I have accounted for every wire on the regulator. They end up all connected to the same post on the regulator and the only thing the regulator is used for is a connecting point for all the wires. You could do like I did and bundle the wires together and remove the regulator but I thought it would look better if they were actually connected to something.

vasres11.jpg

Sorry, Don. Perhaps that second martini had something to do with my sudden inability to read.

I don't know why I should be posting on an electrical thread anyway. Electricity is basically a mystery to me, like string theory or gravity. I'm just amazed that my truck still runs after I replaced the wiring harness.

Sorry, Don. Perhaps that second martini had something to do with my sudden inability to read.

Don't feel bad Tony. I was trying to save this mason jar full of Strawberry Moon Shine in case Don ever stopped by. But....oh well......I couldn't wait any longer and now there's twice as many wires under the hood an my head hurts.

MVC-014S-2.jpg

shine2.jpg

I see my retirement account growing. One load of drinkable strawberry shine from Tennessee to California and a return load of smoakable California mountain bong stash to Ohio then WOO-HOO as I drive my Plymouth across the retirement gap at the end of the ramp.:D :D

Only problem I see is inventory shrinkage both directions might reduce things to a woo-hoo~

Hope my eyes do not get crossed like Reg:cool:

Guest wrightkoss

You guys are having WAY TOO MUCH FUN! Here is an update... I am working on getting the road grime/mud/sludge/ick off of the bottom of the truck right now. That is the project before I start tearing things apart because I need to see what I am looking at... Thought I would just go ahead an pressure wash it off. Beings that I don't have a "hot" water pressure washer... well as you can imagine - it didn't work out so well. So here I go, under the truck with my big screwdriver for the little areas and my paint scraper for the big spots. As you can imagine I was filthy by the time I quit crawling around in the rocks for 4 hours... think I got it done??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! More work to go for sure! STORY OF MY LIFE... why I am at it... thought I would complain about this project to -- went to get supplies to wax my boat and truck today (different one obviously)... the guy sold me some rubbing compound that would take all of the marks off the boat and wax at the same time (so he says). So I wash the boat, use the rubbing compound and think "awesome all done!" (this was 5 hours later) And then -- STORY OF MY LIFE time -- I realize that you have to wash this rubbing compound off and actually wax with "wax" so that added another 5 hours to the project... finally done there.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Why can't projects go just like planned and take the allocated amount of time???

I didn't even TOUCH my 52 truck today or get my other one waxed! JEEZ! I think I need some of that strawberry moonshine!

I am working on getting the road grime/mud/sludge/ick off of the bottom of the truck right now.

A few years back there was a contest to name this stuff you are removing. I submitted my entry but it was rejected. Someone else (I forget who)submitted "undercoatney" and it became the offical name.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Why can't projects go just like planned and take the allocated amount of time???

I didn't even TOUCH my 52 truck today or get my other one waxed! JEEZ! I think I need some of that strawberry moonshine!

I believe strawberry moonshine IS one of the reasons projects dont go just like planned and take the allocated amount of time to complete:D

Grannys_B_Day-Hannah-Motor_043.jpg

Guest wrightkoss

Well let me tell ya... no strawberry moonshine here... I didn't even get to the beer although I really could have used one yesterday during the boat project! My projects just seem to get more difficult and longer the closer I get to thinking that I am done... Just the way it works I guess!