Are parts available for the 413 ?

Tim Keith

I've never seen one of these motors.  .

1955 2 TON COMMERCIAL DODGE TRUCK 413CI 

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5899353633.html

This is a flathead six.  I believe the tank in the photo is for the air brakes.  Not a good photo.  Its not the V8.

ok...thanks...wish the pic were more clear.....I guess I confused the left side of that one pic as a log exhaust manifold common to the very early B blocks and especially in truck application.   Parts to these I would defer to dodgeb4ya, it is my understanding he has a few of these..

as mentioned Dodgeb4ya will know.... but if you use the VIN decoder  with the vin number given 82636626 http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php it says a 251 or 265....

can imagine they could stuff a 6cy, 413 in a two ton without modifications. (at least I couldn't in mine :))

Its a RB V8.  I was hoping for a sighting of the elusive big flathead.    For the asking price it could be a good project - maybe a 6BT swap. Truck is near Austin.  It might not have been running since 1970, based on the inspection sticker.    It could have had a V8 originally, maybe a 354?   

What I've read about the biggest flathead six is it was developed in the late 1920s for the Imperial but the market demanded an eight for the premium makes, so the big seven main bearing six was put to work for trucks.  I've never actually seen one.  Parts are very hard to find for these, but there are other motors with 3-inch main bearings that can be borrowed.  

Its little '54 brother probably has a flathead   https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5925725053.html

"never seen one...."

413.jpg

I had the opportunity to see two of them AND ride In a big tuck this year. I am still smiling :D

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 1

If you really need a 413 V8 this might be the best bet....

I prefer 413 flat heads:lol:

413 Max wedge JC Job.JPG

Don't expect much from craigslist.

11 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Don't expect much from craigslist.

I've found a ton of stuff through craigslist. '36 Desoto Airflow, 51 Fargo 1 ton pickup with a hoist, 331 ci big 6 truck motor, t bucket, overdrive for my 40 Dodge ($300), 49 b1b chassis, running and drivable, ($150).  And much more.

If you're not finding anything, you're not looking!

Twenty plus cars and trucks,,, a dozer and backhoe...a bus  and lots of used and NOS MoPar parts in 2 buildings... all this was done with out craigslist .

I'm beginning to think maybe I need to get rid of a lot of it.as I don't want to unleash  the burden of disposal of all of it on my family when i die!

I certainly don't need anymore "stuff"...says both me and my family:D

Enough is enough! Thank God I don't read craigslist.

10 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I'm beginning to think maybe I need to get rid of a lot of it.as I don't want to unleash  the burden of disposal of all of it on my family when i die....

If it will help your family out Rob, go ahead and put my name on "Big Red" :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

as i see it.....when I am gone this will be my ultimate get even with the kids for never cleaning their rooms when they lived at home...all I have to say about that...

Do not be surprised to find a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking!:(:D

Merry Christmas to all!

DJ