Correct spair tire rim for 49

Angel4951

21 minutes ago, Angel4951 said:

Does anyone know the right size rim size for a 49 is it 15 or 16 inch for the spair tire rim ? Can you identify from this pic if one is for a 49. I think 49 has 16 and 51 had 15s anyone know?

Resized_20161206_162431.jpg

Are you talking trucks? If so the correct answer is 16s for 1/2 ton and 15s for 3/4 tons.

Wonder how that works. My 49 3/4 ton has 16" and the 52 1/2 ton has 16", the 51 suburban has 16".

Problem is, all these original wheels are questionable for daily driver service. I saw what little abuse it took to cause a large crack inbetween the lug bolts on 1 wheel.

For daily driver I want newer rims .... then there is the locator pin issue .....

If you have a half ton pickup, the rim size is 16 by 4.5       Passenger cars are 15 by 4.5 and the 49's offset is slightly different from 48 or 50.

Any good clean 16 inch passenger car  wheel would be OK for a spare.  As  Los_control has noted, some wheels have given their all and I would not want to use either of those pictured.   Still, and all, they are not hard to get.   On a clean wheel , there is often a date and size stamp on the inner surface.