D-24 antenna ?

casper50

I believe I've finally found an original D-24 radio antenna.  Problems:  1.  Even though I've been soaking it for a week I can't get the two piece mast to collaspe or extend.  2.  I see no way to get this antenna into the opening behind the driver's side kick panel.  It's way too long.  Do I have the wrong antenna?  It looks just like the one in the brochure.  From the bottom of the antenna to the top of the bottom mast section is about 24 inches. 

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

Yes......that tube with a brace on it resembles an original Mopar antenna for the D24 and P15.  

I don't think I have an original style antenna floating around any more......have had a couple of

them not good enough to use.  I currently use an aftermarket antenna with a base that slopes

and fits the hole in my cowl. but doesn't go down into the fender very far..   

Found this picture which is in the P15 Parts Manual----I think you actually have to insert it from

under the car up into the cowl.  I forget just where, but the brace attaches to something under

there.  

Can't recall how many sections of the staff there are.

100_1061[1].jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

That's what I based my purchase on Bob.  I'll look and see if I can slip it in from under the car but the care would have to be on a lift or something.  The first section from top to the bottom of the whole antenna is 23 inches + I can't get the top section to slide back down into the bottom section.

• 5 years later...