New chapter in my life.

Todd B

Thanks Plymouth, There is no way I will ruin a one of kind matched set.  If the next owner chooses to do that I will have no control. I will be very disappointed but it will be out of my control.  My Dad and I built that truck and trailer and I have too much respect for my Father.  I know my Dad would want someone enjoying the truck as much as we have.  I have never seen another 2.5 Ton Semi Tractor in my searching for the last 18 years.  There sure is plenty of stake racks around.  Makes zero sense to destroy such a unique truck. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad to read that you're going to sell to someone who has the same vision as you regarding how it should be maintained going forward. But, as you said, its going to be hard for you to let it go. You'd actually be better off if it sells to someone out of the area so you don't see it anymore. Having the history you do with your Dad and the truck, it'll be doubly hard to let it go. But, as they say "this too shall pass", and you'll eventually gain more and more acceptance of it being in someone else's stable. ?

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I took our 67 Buick to a car show last night and I realized that  what I am calling dome lights in the back seat at knee level don’t work. I took it apart and it has a GE 68 miniature bulb in it. Double contact with two wires running to it. Is this correct?  Seems odd to me they would have double contact points. The guy who restored the car did not do the best quality and I’m finding Shortcuts he had cut during the process.

I think I may have figured it out. The two wires are needed because the one would be the ground because it’s mounted on the upholstery. Please correct me if I’m wrong

On 5/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, Todd B said:

I think I may have figured it out. The two wires are needed because the one would be the ground because it’s mounted on the upholstery. Please correct me if I’m wrong

that sounds correct, run a continuity check to ground and see.

• 10 months later...

For those of “US” who don’t follow the car side. My father in law just gave us a 1928 Dodge Brothers 4 door sedan.   Solid as a rock.  My father in law started doing a paint job and his vision went bad. I am having a mechanic get it running and brakes and new tires. Pretty excited 

I will try pictures. Still struggling with that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I was thinking maybe it was a Joey Chitwood stunt car in it's former life......I like that …...why you farming out the brakes and tune?

I’m a Carpenter an extremely busy. My dad was a mechanic and I enjoyed working with him but he’s been gone for 10 years. So now I have “people”. I can survive in the mechanic room but don’t know enough to be good. So I’ve made up my mind to do what I’m good at and let others do it they’re good at.  Thank you very much for flipping my picture

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Todd B said:

I’m a Carpenter an extremely busy. My dad was a mechanic and I enjoyed working with him but he’s been gone for 10 years. So now I have “people”. I can survive in the mechanic room but don’t know enough to be good. So I’ve made up my mind to do what I’m good at and let others do it they’re good at.  Thank you very much for flipping my picture

nothing wrong with that statement at all....I respect all of it....I do like the vehicle....would make a nice gad-about

There does seem to be something off with the software running this site. I too have seen my pics get loaded sideways. It is odd. Only seems to happen when I load them from my iphone. It only seems to happen randomly. Not every time. 

Merle I disagree. The pictures I sent of my old car I was holding the phone vertically in both and they appear vertical on my phone. When I send it the one flips to the left.

• Like 1

I have had a few instances with my digital box camera where this has taken place...it is fairly rare but has happened..while cameras have orientation sensors...I think that on my case I was at a slight degree and the orientation was shifted and written at the angle when it should not have been...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I usually download to my computer and send from there. Never had an issue with loading them onto the site. Sometimes when I load from my I-phone onto the computer they will be sideways and I just rotate as necessary. Occasionally on my I-phone itself the pictures will load sideways but I rotate them on the phone. All modern electronic gadgets bemuse me. It is amazing what you can do with them thought.

22 hours ago, Todd B said:

Merle I disagree. The pictures I sent of my old car I was holding the phone vertically in both and they appear vertical on my phone. When I send it the one flips to the left.

Todd,

It appears that the first picture, that didn't turn sideways, is more of a square format. Whereas the second one, that did turn, is a regular rectangular format. When using the standard "Photo" setting on my phone I try to always hold it horizontal with the camera lens on the upper left side. I don't have issues with the pictures flipping that way. Vertical will almost always turn them sideways. And if you do horizontal with the camera lens to the lower right the pics will turn upside down on the computer. I don't use the "Square" setting enough to have a frame of reference. But it appears that you used that setting for the first pic, which may be why it didn't turn.

That's my experience, and theory anyway...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Todd,

It appears that the first picture, that didn't turn sideways, is more of a square format. Whereas the second one, that did turn, is a regular rectangular format. When using the standard "Photo" setting on my phone I try to always hold it horizontal with the camera lens on the upper left side. I don't have issues with the pictures flipping that way. Vertical will almost always turn them sideways. And if you do horizontal with the camera lens to the lower right the pics will turn upside down on the computer. I don't use the "Square" setting enough to have a frame of reference. But it appears that you used that setting for the first pic, which may be why it didn't turn.

That's my experience, and theory anyway...

all this work for an iPhone.....I just take pics with my droid and it works....BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

One of the great joys of the pandemic was that I finally gave up my very old S6 Samsung phone for an iPhone.

The Samsung was half the price, but only 1/2 the phone.

So far, the iPhone 11 Pro 512 seems superior in every possible way.

Anything I don't like about it I probably don't understand well enough yet.

But like any new device, it's going to do lots of things I never will do.

2 hours ago, Ulu said:

One of the great joys of the pandemic was that I finally gave up my very old S6 Samsung phone for an iPhone.

The Samsung was half the price, but only 1/2 the phone.

So far, the iPhone 11 Pro 512 seems superior in every possible way.

Anything I don't like about it I probably don't understand well enough yet.

But like any new device, it's going to do lots of things I never will do.

Get a cover for it. My wife and I switched from Android to iPhone 11 Pro phones last fall. She'd dropped and broken the screens on a number of her old phones so we got a cover for her new iPhone. I'd never broken my previous phones so I didn't bother. Guess what? I now have a small crack on the lower portion of my phone. I should have gotten a cover too. . .

• Haha 1

I had a leather wallet for the old phone, but haven't chosen a new case.

Another of life's tedious chores that I can put off while I work on real manly stuff.

Since I bought expensive insurance I will probably never break it.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, Todd B said:

I have no idea how to stop the damn picture from flipping it on it’s side 

A7BDFBC5-CA77-4035-BA82-0F66A3B665C9.jpeg

In my younger years I used to flip over on my side every Saturday night, but I finally figured out what was causing that.