Unusual D25 Front End

Robin (UK)

There are currently two D25 Sedans for sale on eBay in the UK.
One has the standard D25 grille but the other wears a D24 grille.
Has anyone ever seen this on another car? Could it have been like this from new, perhaps if the car was built 'overseas'?

Here are the two listings...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/American-Classic-Car-Hotrod-Custom-1947-Dodge-Sedan-Deluxe-Sale-or-P-ex-/272420121598?hash=item3f6d812bfe:g:QpgAAOSw-CpX-piK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DODGE-SPECIAL-DELUXE-1947-CLASSIC-AMERICAN-CAR-HOTROD-CUSTOM-ROCKABILLY-CAR-/322306691028?hash=item4b0af9cfd4:g:QJEAAOSwnbZYEGtG

eBay UK 1.jpg

eBay UK 2.jpg

Availability , someone added this at some point. The Chrysler plant in Windsor Ontario, used both, don't think so though.

These are Canadian built cars?

25 inch engine on first car, most likely a 218 and 3 spd trans, 3.90 rear end. easy to drop in a 250/265 with R10 overdrive, no ball and trunion ujoints either, very common cross and roller type...

Edited by Rockwood

Almost certainly a creative addition of a D24 grille to a D25 car. It is not the right grille for the car but it has been blended in quite nicely. D24 grilles are much easier to get than a D25. I personally have a D25 grille but I keep it as a spare for my 1948 Dodge D25 Club Coupe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertKB said:

Almost certainly a creative addition of a D24 grille to a D25 car. It is not the right grille for the car but it has been blended in quite nicely. D24 grilles are much easier to get than a D25. I personally have a D25 grille but I keep it as a spare for my 1948 Dodge D25 Club Coupe.

I agree. That grille is nicely fitted.

11 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Seems my Photobucket account was corrupted with the big internet attack a few days back so I can not at this time access my photos. Can someone post a grill shot of a D-24 and a D-25 so I can see the difference.

Here you go, Don...
PIctures of two cars that were listed on eBay UK recently.
The D25 is really a badge-engineered Plymouth, so you'll see the front is more pointed.
Note the Plymouth bumpers and alligator hood. Front fenders do not 'flow' onto the doors.
Rear brightwork and dash is all Plymouth, but with Dodge badging.
I know the guy who bought the D25. It looks like a very nice car. I will see it for the first time in a couple of weeks.

D24 1.jpg

D25 1.jpg

D24 2.jpg

D25 2.jpg

D24 3.jpg

D25 3.jpg