1948 Dodge Rearend Idenification.

mrtillie

Just out of curiosity,why have you removed it?

Are you looking for rears that will interchange,or parts to repair that one?

Edited by knuckleharley

What are the cast in numbers and stamped numbers on the driver side-middle or on near the top of the third member cast housing (hogs head), not shown in previous pictures??

DJ

37 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

What are the cast in numbers and stamped numbers on the driver side-middle or on near the top of the third member cast housing (hogs head), not shown in previous pictures??

DJ

I agree...if you wish help, help those trying to help by posting any numbers found......me memory is screaming this was asked by him in a previous thread

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

I agree about posting any numbers you may find. I also have a 1948 Dodge D25 Special Deluxe Club Coupe. If it is any help, the gear ratio in my car is a 3.9. Contact me if you need any help or advice on the car. Mine was once in pieces as well. It looks like you have a great project. Hope you are going to keep it stock!

photo 48DodgeOld.jpg

photo IMG_0205_zpsadi9f9sd.jpg

photo IMG_0013_zpsus1tvgio.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertKB said:

I agree about posting any numbers you may find. I also have a 1948 Dodge D25 Special Deluxe Club Coupe. If it is any help, the gear ratio in my car is a 3.9. Contact me if you need any help or advice on the car. Mine was once in pieces as well. It looks like you have a great project. Hope you are going to keep it stock!

Do you know if the Special Deluxe nameplate is the same as a Plymouth? Or if not can you post a close up? He was looking for some in the wanted section but we didn't know if they were the same as a P15.

• Like 1

mrtillie-

I really meant to ask about the passengers side location of the third member for the numbers, that is where I found them on four Car rear ends that I have had. They were in the same location I mentioned in the previous (opposite side-drivers).  A forum member from Australia also found the numbers located there.

DJ

19 hours ago, Young Ed said:

Do you know if the Special Deluxe nameplate is the same as a Plymouth? Or if not can you post a close up? He was looking for some in the wanted section but we didn't know if they were the same as a P15.

Yes, they are the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2016 at 3:16 PM, DJ194950 said:

mrtillie-

I really meant to ask about the passengers side location of the third member for the numbers, that is where I found them on four Car rear ends that I have had. They were in the same location I mentioned in the previous (opposite side-drivers).  A forum member from Australia also found the numbers located there.

DJ

I will check again. I want to put in a posi and maybe a different gear. Id like to know that its strong enough for more power.

Edited by mrtillie

On 10/18/2016 at 5:11 PM, knuckleharley said:

Just out of curiosity,why have you removed it?

Are you looking for rears that will interchange,or parts to repair that one?

Im stripping the car out and cleaning up some rust issues under the car. Im down to a shell now. Ordered floor pans and sills to install. I did the brakes a couple of years ago and the rearend is in good working condition.