Parking light question

The new contact plate w/spring goes in from the top. Cut wires and pull out old. I replaced both one & two wire plates and the metal socket only needed a good cleaning. You're still hinting that your socket itself may be in bad shape? Multiple varieties of complete sockets are available that fit your bulb pin style. It looks like some sockets are 'crimped' to the housing. Think newer ones just 'snap' into the hole. Figure out what you got, then study replacement options to get it attached back in. Don't know if that material can be soldered? Can you post a picture of yours?

Sounds good, get the sockets clean. Nasty wires caused my replacement too. I did keep the original fiber plate with contacts & spring, someday will just solder new wires to them for extras. Frugal! Next time at the parts store, pick up the little packet of bulb grease, it helps. Watch what gauge wire. I used 16 ga SXL automotive wire, very flexible and abrasion resistant. Some say use 14 ga. Still 6V right.

I installed a new socket in mine and changed from single to dual wiring so that I could run parker and indicator lights.The main shaft (or tube part) was just pressed tightly into the parking light bucket on my 52 Oz truck. I found that the new sockets I bought were just the right size to press nicely into the center hold of the parking light bucket.

Parker1.JPG

• Like 1