Engine

Probey53

My question is why another engine? My flat head easily keeps up with freeway traffic, pulls steep grades with ease, gets 15 mpg on the open road, and nearly everyone who looks under the hood says, "Wow, you kept the straight six?" I have a stock 218, if I were to change, I would put the longer, larger flat head in. Why? more power to pull a larger travel trailer. The silver 218 engine is in the suburban that I'm building, the brown 218 is in my truck. 

Edited by pflaming

Paul, what kind of alternator do you have on that silver engine and where do all those wires coming out of it go?

With all those wires, it looks like it's a computer regulated unit.

Edited by Dave72dt

Most likely, due to Paul's "thriftiness" he trying to use the alternator off his old Furd t-bird.

Good luck Paul,

Best to ya,

DJ

1.  That regulator did come from a Ford, tested no good, mopar replaced it.  2. Wires: picture taken before any were routed and connected. Sorry for the confusion, pics were only to show engines not details.