Clutch pedal linkage/springs/assembly

Dieganjames

IMG_6498.JPGHey fellas. Need some major help. I'm kicking my self in the ass for not remembering how to reassemble part on clutch pedal assembly. (1941 Plymouth coupe) I need good pics of where the spring goes mount that comes off the clutch fork? depicted below will be a single pic of spring that I also can't figure out where hooks up to??

I couldn't find my spring or the little bracket and possibly my car didn't have one when I got it. I found this one in a junkyard. Like Don said you may want to look up the adjustment procedure. I couldn't figure it out til I read about it, never dealt with an over the center spring. I found it searching old threads in the forums.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 2:49 PM, Dieganjames said:

And when I do hook up this existing spring from my clutch fork to any part, it doesn't seem to return my pedal far back enough( throw out bearing is still riding on clutch disc)

IMG_6499.JPG

Maybe the clearances between the bellhousings are different thus not retracting the throw out bearing far out enough?  Just a thought.

What bellhousing did you decide to go with for your T5 conversion?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Diegan,

I'm trying to install the clutch over center spring. I have the pivot shaft installed. Is there an order to installing the push rod for the clutch and the over center spring?

Thanks in advance.

Vince

Edited by Vin's 49 Plymouth