Gathering parts for oil filter assembly

Redmond49

Hello,

I'm trying to assemble the parts for the oil filter. My block is a Dodge truck block. I've got a sealed canister-type filter I got from Bernbaums; I took it to the local fasteners and fittings shop (Tacoma Screw) to see if I could find the fittings, and we determined that the openings in the filter canister are 1/8 pipe. He's got 1/8 to 1/8 connections, but was questioning whether I needed 1/8 to something larger for the lines/hoses back to the block. The information in the parts book I've got doesn't specify the size of the lines. Any recommendations? 

I was planning to reconstruct the bottom connection as shown in the manual with one line going to the canister and the other to the pressure guage, but I've seen several pictures online that don't seem to have the line to the pressure gauge (as far as I can tell). 

engine.jpg

manual-oiling.jpg

11 hours ago, ptwothree said:

Oil supply to the gauge would be the galley plug all the back on the galley, the closest one to your engine stand.

Actually there are 4 ports that could be used for oil supply to the filter. I'd use the one that his arrow is pointing to as it is right next to the return port and makes for nice line routing.

The lower arrow is pointing to the return port that goes back through the relief valve.

Merle

Edited by Merle Coggins

Curious as to why you chose the sealed filter rather than the can and replaceable filter?  I believe the sealed ones are getting very scarce and pricey, while the can and element type are easier to get and fiter changes are less then 15 bucks.

Plumbing for both is the same, mounting brackets may be a bit different but basically the same installation process.

The sealed filter was the only thing Bernbaum's had when I called them. I spent some time on the phone with Vintage Power wagons this week and they were able to source the rest of what I needed, including a canister style filter :)