Quite possibly the dumbest question you'll see today.

Mr.Dids

What is the proper resting postion (off position) for the vacuum powered wipers?  My truck is a 1949 B1B.  Mine rest against the center of the windshield but many pics I've seen are resting toward the outside (A-pillar area).

If mine are wrong, are the wiper arms just positioned on the opposite studs on the wiper motor?

Huh.....never noticed the bumper guard difference Reg.

Were there two choices on the front bumpers or was the 2 bumper guard only on the 51-53's ?

My 1950 Bonneville truck "The Brick" is pictured below.

48D

thebrick1.jpg

Yes Tim, the 48-50 bumpers were different than the 51-53's.  The 48-50's had a license plate bracket located on the top of the bumper on the drivers side and the 51-53's had slotted holes in the center face of the bumper. The center was flat too and was framed with a raised bump on either side. Also the 51-53 had the guards mounted more to the center of the bumper.

Old Yellers bumper.jpg

• Like 2