Springfield, MO swap meet ..............

BobT-47P15

Went to the Springfield, MO antique car swap meet yesterday,  It's held at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds and usually has a lot of vendors.......most of whom have very little or no parts for

a Plymouth P15.  However I got lucky and stumbled onto four different sellers who had a few things of interest .... and their prices were reasonable.  

One guy had some N O S headlight trim rings and a new starter.  Another had a pair of new, un-used 10 inch hubcaps.  Another had the inner headlight mounting rings (for 50 cents each), and one had a new old stock glass tail light lense for $2.  So......it just shows "you never know".

Oh, and I also found a pair of "diamond studded" license plate frames for Mary Ann's Lexus.

DSC06519.jpgDSC06523.jpgDSC06517.jpg

• Like 1

Nice score on the parts, Always a great day when you find the gems in the piles of twisted and bent steel.

Hi Niel.  I think they match each other.......will have to go out to the garage and check to be positive.   I personally like the ones with that little flange around

the edge, as opposed to rolled under.  I never did know when each variety was first used and which is really correct for the 1947 model year.

I had a pretty good set of four hubcaps but lost a couple in the tornado.  I don't run them on the car very often, but do have a set of wide whitewalls mounted on stock style 15"  rims so I can use the caps along with either a full or narrow trim ring.  I mostly run the wire Chrysler wheels which now have a new

set of BF Goodrich radials.    Also have a set of those "checker center flipper" caps that can also be used.  Working on cleaning up the original 16" rims from the car as I saved a set of 16" radial blackwalls from my current Caravan......think I will paint those rims yellow to match the body. Would use the

100_3584.jpgsmall caps and rings.IM004390.jpg

Edited by BobT-47P15

With '55 Chrysler wire wheels.

2_5_4_2_.jpg

The tornado also made my thermos jug and the gas and oil cans disappear, plus damaged my old ice 

chest and thermos bottle, which I still need to re-do.   Have not seemed to have time to get to any car 

shows or cruises again this summer.  Have two shows I plan to attend in October, but don't know if I

will get to any others.  Did take the Plym out to the LaQuinta Inn here last Friday night when the H.A.M.B.

fellows were in town for their National Drag Race at nearby MoKan Dragway.   

IM004424.jpg

• Like 1

I went out to the garage to re-look the headlight rings......and......yes, they are matching, with that little "flange" around the

outer edge. 

I always look for good parts to add to my collection......which is pretty varied -- with some good new stuff and some

pretty good (and some not so good) used stuff.  Guess I'm considered by some to be a "pack rat" or "hoarder"......and I may never 

use certain things.  But -- where ya gonna find this stuff when you need it?     The prices at the swap meet were, in my opinion,

cheaper than on eBay.  Much of that stuff has gotten ridiculous nowadays. 

DSC06604.jpg

• Like 1