first cruise

thebelvedereman

took the 48 up the block today for the first time, I think I've got another issue, I've got 1st and reverse but no 2nd or drive, looks like I'm rebuilding a trans

I think if it were me I would have someone who understands whatever brand/type of auto trans you have in the car first to see if they can discover what it wrong with it before you take it out and have it rebuilt. Might just be something simple like the modulator valve,not getting enough vacuum,or some other simple fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked a while back about my 727 trans in my 48 only having 1st gear, I've been way too busy at work to mess with it, or take it out (thank god) after doing a bunch of research i came across an article last night, apparently the tv linkage shaft runs directly through the kickdown linkage shaft, and sometimes after sitting for a long time it can rust and stick together causing the trans not to upshift, and sure enough after checking this morning that's the problem, i guess i don't get to try my hand at a tranny rebuild yet :( LOL !!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I talked a while back about my 727 trans in my 48 only having 1st gear, I've been way too busy at work to mess with it, or take it out (thank god) after doing a bunch of research i came across an article last night, apparently the tv linkage shaft runs directly through the kickdown linkage shaft, and sometimes after sitting for a long time it can rust and stick together causing the trans not to upshift, and sure enough after checking this morning that's the problem, i guess i don't get to try my hand at a tranny rebuild yet :( LOL !!!!!!!!

Knowledge is good stuff,but nothing beats being lucky.

• Like 1

A little pb blaster, and some work, and i have ALL GEARS :) woohoo, i wired up the harness, i now have headlights, i found out that I'm missing the under dash to interior harness, (goes between dash harness and tailight harness) so no brake lights or tailights, anyone got a 76-80 volare-aspen parts car ? Here's a vid of my cruise today

• Like 1