1 ton fender extension

Finding NOS extensions is impossible. Best bet is to find them in a bone yard or have the fabricated. I ended up having my pair fabricated after searching for years.

I found a complete set with the small transition pieces about 8 years ago. 

First set I've found in over 40 years.

• 1 month later...

So here is a pic of what we manufactured for the fender extension. We bought a two axle trailer fender at Fleet Farm as the starting point. It was 9" wide, the right and left ends of the fender had almost the perfect curvature to the original fender. We cut the flat middle section out of the store bought fender and welded them together to get the full fender. Also cut 3" out of the middle of the store bought fender to make the extension 6" wide. One edge of the store bought fender had a right angle edge and the other side had a curved edge. These worked perfectly to match up to the original fender (flat edge) and the box (curved edge). The pic shows the mock up, tacked piece. We have yet to finish weld and paint. Hopefully get that done this week. Also have 'donor' running boards to attempt to make the 'small transition pieces' mentioned above. IMG_20160914_213051846 (2).jpg

Edited by Mike B-1-D- 116
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great looking truck!!!!

I think you should post a few more pictures of the whole deal....would love to see more of the axle, frame... etc.

48D 

6 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

Great looking truck!!!!

I think you should post a few more pictures of the whole deal....would love to see more of the axle, frame... etc.

48D 

here you go :D

MMNB.JPG.1ce2a6a616394c46b16c9858ea7ff7fd.JPG

• Like 3