Quotation mar clouds

pflaming

those show new replies in the topc...it will also allow you to click on the cloud and in doing so will mark all the topics within as "read by you"  great tool for someone that does not use the read all new post feature or has no interest in that particular section of the forum...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

guess I have my preferences set up differently.

I am set up to see new posts since last visit. (selected at far left)

Mine always opens to P15-D24 (by my choice, as that would be my primary area of interest)

I do not have " " marks on the left , but rather a dark round mark (dot) for threads with a new post the I have not read.

Lighter dot if I have read the post.

For threads that I have made a post in there is a dark star if I have not read new entries.

Lighter star if I am up to date on my reading.

Clicking on the dark dot, or star takes me to(or close to) the latest entry. Sometimes large pics in the thread seem to interfere with getting to the actual latest entry.

After I read what may interest me there, I select " View New Content", up high on the right to see if there is any other new stuff I want to look at from the other forums.

I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat, but that's the way I do it.

post-80-0-55297500-1470072434_thumb.jpg

Edited by shel_ny
  • Like 1

dark cloud, new entries this forum heading (click to mark all read without opening the sub heading)

light cloud, no new entries since your last visit

dark dot new entries within that forum heading

light dot no new entries within that forum heading since last visit..

dark star, new entries on a thread to which you have made an entry...

light star, no new entries on a thread to which you have made an entry..

• Like 1

Never noticed, or used, all those symbols. Still don't. Did "complain" once to the powers to be about that light text all over being impossible to read, They made it sound like a major event to change a command that tells what color to display.