electronic ignition

want to replace points with electronic ignition- what electronic ignition system is capatiple

i have a 53 dodge B4B flathead six with the stock distributor and points

any help would be appreciated

thanks ,

eddie

there area number of choices, depends on your particular choice really and how much change you wish to make or how deeply you wish to get involved.  Pertronix is one of the first go-to, others will tear down the original and a later model /6 electronic and rebuilt/modify the electronic distributor housing from the internals of both. (do a search here, has been documented) and then others like to use another distributor I will refer only to as brand X distributor.  Many topics to read if you do a search on electronic ignition.  When searching be at top of forum and not just your thread to get valid returns.  Search is upper right corner of page.  Enjoy the read...most informative articles that would be of benefit for you to read....not everyone shares the same thoughts so again, read and make your own call.

I used a Pertronix module in my stock distributor along with one of their matched Flamethrower coils. It has been a fit and forget upgrade as far as my truck is concerned. There are other options but I wanted to stay with 6 volt and this one was just so simple.

Jeff

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Where in Socal ?  There are a few of us truck guys in the South Bay &    The  OC

And I agree with Jeff and Mr. Bisquik, I use the Pertronix with coil for 12 volt (mine was converted by previous owner), and I'm very happy with it, fits right inside the old distributor.